FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Suttons by Moosalamoo?  (Read 1163 times)

LooseEye90

Suttons by Moosalamoo?
« on: Jul 23, 2014, 11:15 AM »
So I know this topic has been visited time and time again but I figured one more time can't hurt. I recently found a site that was selling Sutton 61s. They said they were by Moosalamoo though. I ordered 3 and they look just like the original but no longer carry the "Naples NY" under the lure # and "Sutton". Anyone know the story here? I also noticed they had jake 45s which used to be sold under the savant spoon name but they also carried the Moosalamoo manufacturer. It seems anyone associated with suttons have changed hands more than a few times in recent years. Hopefully these new "suttons" are as good as the original..

ecolt14527

Re: Suttons by Moosalamoo?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2014, 08:36 PM »
LooseEye:
         I should have an answer soon. I work some at a golf course in Naples. I have know the owner for at least 50 years. Jim Stafford, used to know his father also. Jim is getting up in years and may have sold the "sutton" name and dies ? I don't believe that their is anyone in line to pass the business on to. If you are within 100 miles of Naples it would pay you to make a day trip just to see the old store, right out of the 30's. No cash register, just a pad and pencil. Tons of stuff, hand tied flies, all kinds of clothes and footwear. Again, take a day trip and see for yourself.
       JTP

ecolt14527

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Talked to the owner of "Suttons" in Naples. Jim stated that NO ONE has the authority to make or copy the Sutton spoon. The Sutton spoons have been copyrighted for years. He futher stated that he has had this problem before. He will look into it !!
     Added note; The main reason that Sutton spoons have been so successful for many years is because they don't cut costs !! Sutton spoons are silver plated, they don't change color when used in deeper waters. Chrome and Nickel go to blue and then turn black with no flash. It doesn't take much depth to start the color change. If fact silver may change a very little to a pinkish hue but still retain the flash. Most of this information can be researched by searching " light spectrum information".
     JTP

LooseEye90

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2014, 01:32 PM »
That's very interesting. I'll drop you a PM

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.