FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MAJOR DEPRESSION - Quebec Trip Cancelled  (Read 1517 times)

O

MAJOR DEPRESSION - Quebec Trip Cancelled
« on: Jul 28, 2014, 03:11 PM »
I just found out that my friend has a seriously infected toe and we cannot go on our fishing trip to Quebec.  We were due to leave for 7 days starting on Thursday.  I'm hopeful the outfitter will let us use the payment on a trip for next year, but I think at the least we will lose 1/2 our deposit, especially with such short notice. 

Obviously, the worst part for me is NO FISHING.  Something my wife just doesn't quite understand.   

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
Re: MAJOR DEPRESSION - Quebec Trip Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2014, 04:29 PM »
Nothing hurts like a cancelled vacation, more so when it's a fishing trip!

Shame you couldn't find a way to still go, providing your friend was cleared for travel.

Hope they can work some kind of deal where you can recoup what $$ you can, or maybe reschedule for a future date.
Heck, it never hurts to ask, and make sure to lay on the sob story about your friend's injury.

Well, anyway, hope for the best!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

fishandy

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2014, 05:36 PM »
Your a real good friend because I would just go with out him

O

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2014, 07:16 PM »
It's kind of late notice to find someone in 3 days for a week long trip. I'd go without him, but then it would be a solo trip, really not too much fun in my opinion.   The outfitter said we lose 1/2 the deposit and the balance gets applied to a trip next year.   
At least its to not a major illness or something he won't get over, the news could have been even worse I suppose.  I'll find something to do next week besides work.....

FishinNY

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2014, 06:19 AM »
Sorry to hear about your trip. At least it sounds as though you were able to recover the majority of your money. And the good news is, you can find some excellent fishing right by home.  ;)
I am Muskies Inc.

mussman

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2014, 12:02 PM »
Dude, I've been to quite a few areas of Quebec, some I had to fly in . I live in Maine & would gladly share expenses,etc. I'm retired & live in the middle of some of the best brook trout country but I'd be very interested in going back up there. Ray.    Let me know, I'm as easy as a Sunday morning

O

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2014, 07:44 PM »
I've booked a muskie trip on the Rideau for next week and I am am going to take an extra day at my camp to fish too.  Familiar waters but at least I am fishing. 
I do need to expand my network of fishing buddies though.  Only have 2 or 3 people to fish with and either they are busy or I am busy. 

I'll need lessons on brook trout fishing, I haven't a clue. 

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2014, 08:00 PM »

The outfitter said we lose 1/2 the deposit and the balance gets applied to a trip next year.   

Who is the outfitter?
Where were you guys going in Quebec?

O

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Squaretail Lodge , about 2 hours north of Chibigomou

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.