FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bass fishing Lake Champlain help needed please  (Read 2605 times)

tracker2011

• I'm NH piker on IceShanty
Bass fishing Lake Champlain help needed please
« on: Jul 31, 2014, 02:59 PM »
I have only fished for Laker's & Salmon out of Converse Bay and Shelburne Bay but haven't been to Champlain for the last 2 years. I keep hearing how good the Bass fishing is. I have never really fished for Bass except for a trip to visit my son in NC. I hired a guide on Lake Norman and it was a great time. I was wondering if someone could give me some advise on where to start to look for Bass on Lake Champlain? What water depth do you target for the Bass? I am willing to try any spot that is suggested. I just want to give it a try. Thanks for any info coming my way...
Fishing is my first passion, just don't tell the wife!

mudchuck

Re: Bass fishing Lake Champlain help needed please
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2014, 07:42 PM »
boat or shore?

tracker2011

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2014, 07:50 AM »
boat. I was told by a guy that the lower section of Champlain is real good for Bass. He said he goes out of Larabee's Point. I've not taken boat out this year due to my 3rd back surgery. I just got the ok yesterday from Dr. that I can start to get my life back. I am planning for my first trip to go out of Converse Bay so I can try for Laker's for a few hours then I'm going to try Bass fishing the rest of the day. I have so much to learn on the Bass fishing but I'm growing my tackle box with Bass stuff. I'm going to try some Bass hot spots on Champlain for the rest of Aug. then when Sept. comes I will be heading to the Rangeley Lake area then I'll be back to Champlain till I can't get the boat out due to winter weather. I would appreciate any info you can assist me with on the Bass fishing. Looks like many have viewed my post but no one seems to want to give info. I'm one who gives whatever knowledge I can give someone to help make their fishing adventures better if I can help. I only want to mess around with Bass during the months of July & Aug. so I don't think I'll be in anyone's way out there. Thanks for your response and I look forward to any info you may give me.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2014, 08:03 AM »
The south end would be best...  This time of year fishing around and under docks would be your best bet..Tossing plastic worms weedless style on an offset Trokar hook should work.. Thats just what I would do...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2014, 01:08 PM »
The south end would be best...  This time of year fishing around and under docks would be your best bet..Tossing plastic worms weedless style on an offset Trokar hook should work.. Thats just what I would do...
LISTEN,LISTEN,but remember every body fishes different,so take the info,fish and change till you
get fish.he knows
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

tracker2011

« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2014, 05:56 AM »
Thanks guys for the info. I am going to my usual spot up in Converse Bay area. I am going to fish for Laker's for a few hours then hit the Bass. I have a good amount of Bass Gear to get started but have never used any. I am out of work due to back surgery and I am able to get the boat out for the very first time this year. I have watched you tube videos of Champlain and Bass fishing and I am going to use some of that info and try the Bass gear I have. Then when I get comfortable I'll venture down to Larabee's Point to really get into the Bass. I don't want to be in anyone's way down there until I at least know what to do. Again, thanks for the info and I'll post some pictures if I get any this Sunday.

mudchuck

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2014, 03:01 PM »
Throwing Senkos wacky style is working in and around shallow weedbeds for LM.
anything that looks like a crayfish on rocky bottoms in waters up to 15' work for SM right now too.

Don't get too discourage by the amount of Rock Bass you'll have hitting your rig, just need to get it past them to get to the target species.
Tight Lines!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2014, 10:31 AM »
I've done pretty well on bass right in Converse Bay.  Go inside and look for structure and weed pockets.  Shelburne Bay holds some real nice small mouth action as well. Fish the drops and flats around the bouys. Don't be afraid to go deep (down to 30+/- ft.) especially this time of year. Champlain has bass everywhere. Good luck.  8)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

tracker2011

« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2014, 06:57 PM »
I went up to Converse Bay on Aug. 10th and fished for Laker's for the first 3 hours. I caught no Laker's but did get 2 real small Salmon at 85 ft down. Then I tried for Bass using a Tub Bait and caught a Bass the very first cast. Then it took awhile for the next one but it was the biggest Bass I've ever caught. That was it. I was fishing to shallow I think. I did get into a hugh mess of Carp. Wish I had a bow with me. There were so many of them and they were in 2 feet of water...Going to go down south in a couple of weeks...Thanks to all for the info...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.