FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BYE BYE BIRDIES  (Read 3243 times)

abishop

BYE BYE BIRDIES
« on: Aug 15, 2014, 07:23 PM »
I usually see all kind of doves around my house and in the field across the street. Didn't see any this morning. Maybe just roosting a while longer since it got down to 43 last night. Some new birds should make their way back before the first. There will be limits, may just have to do a bit of scouting beforehand. (Private land).

crappiehunter

Re: BYE BYE BIRDIES
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2014, 07:42 PM »
Good luck Al, some of my favorite memories growing up were dove hunting. What's the best public area in NWI?
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Crappiehunter- kank is by far the best shooting for doves on the state properties in our region, next best is j.p. id have to say (as long as they have flowers). This year lasalle and gkm have no crops as they were flooded out for most of the year. Heard willow slough has a bad yeild this year but i can not verify that personally.

AL- i was out today checking flower patches and cattle pastures. I have no worries, with the numbers i have seen today. Been wanting to get down to the slough and gill fish lately but now im beginning to get busy with blind brushing going on and checking properties, along with shooting as much as possible. If u get a day and want to try gills, give me a holler!!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2014, 03:02 PM »
Birds are dying and fish are swimming. Good luck 2 all. Love this weather.

crappiehunter

« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2014, 06:59 PM »
How many birds did you get????

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Couldn't make it. Some of my partners faired well.

izzy65

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2014, 09:39 PM »
my boys hunted a place in ILL today. the group of guys killed 280 birds between them
Satchmo

bigr

« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2014, 05:50 AM »
Took dad out tuesday evening, birds made us look bad. 46 shots,8 confirmed kills. Another 5 hunts and i'll have enough for a BBQ/fish fry for 4.     

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2014, 09:35 AM »
Shot JP opening day- LOTS and LOTS of birds. Shot Field 9- south. Done by 3:00pm.
Shot Kankakee yesterday Field A - What a bummer. Quite a bit of shooting on west end all day. at 2:30 I had shot 2 shells. Stayed until 5:00 ended up with 7. Very few birds !!!!!!!! No chip shots and NO birds to speak of. Guys that went back to JP - 9 south--- nadda. Manager said birds left Monday night. Don't know how he knows that but I believe it. Never saw this happen before.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

crappiehunter

« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2014, 12:46 PM »
Bummer crazy birds!!

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2014, 06:59 PM »
Opening day kank, me and 8 others guys i know shot our limits. Kank second day, 4 of us shot our limits, (A field)
Had side job to do today, know of a buddy that went out and between 3-5 he had 10, havent heard if he finished up yet. Might be backin the flowers tomorrow, have to wait and see till the morning..
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

mudchuck

« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Too bad the libtard beaurocrats in my home state think doves are a "song bird" therefore it's illegal to hunt them.

crappiehunter

abishop

« Reply #13 on: Sep 04, 2014, 06:33 AM »
Called the slough and Nancy said that they only killed about 400 opening day. This is terrible. Guess they don't have good flowers this year.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #14 on: Sep 04, 2014, 07:18 AM »
Assassin,
I forgot to  look for your hat at the Kank. Probably walked right passed you. You must have been on the west end of A Field. From the middle east was pretty slow.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.