FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Conn. River  (Read 1308 times)

dunphy11

Conn. River
« on: Aug 22, 2014, 06:09 AM »
Fished the river Tuesday afternoon with a couple of first timers. I wasn`t sure how it would go as the river came up over 2+ ft overnight. We managed to boat 5 keeper walleyes(14"-16") with several swings and misses from the rookies.  The water went down 1.5 ft overnight and we went out again on Wednesday morning and the bite was on and boated a limit of keepers within a couple of hours. Again the water went down overnight and it seemed to shut off all the fish , even the perch and rock bass. We worked our butts off and found a hole where we landed three keepers and 1 in the slot (17")
Sorry I was to busy tying on jigs and didn`t find time for pictures.....just thought I would post something fishing related as it has been pretty quiet on the board.

stripernut

Re: Conn. River
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2014, 07:11 AM »
Nice job! I hit it last week (MA) and the water was so high I had to work hard for a few Small Mouth...

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2014, 08:17 AM »
Great job on the eyes. I've been dieing to get out on the CT but have been buried at work for the past month. The way the river flucuates makes it very hard to fish. You never know what height it will be till you get there. ???  I guess it is all part of the game.

dunphy11

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2014, 09:17 AM »
Great job on the eyes. I've been dieing to get out on the CT but have been buried at work for the past month. The way the river flucuates makes it very hard to fish. You never know what height it will be till you get there. ???  I guess it is all part of the game.
I watch the flow using http://waterwatch.usgs.gov/?m=real&r=nh and it seems to work good

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2014, 09:42 AM »
I watch the flow using http://waterwatch.usgs.gov/?m=real&r=nh and it seems to work good
I do the same, great tool, but when I was out the other day the "closing" of the canal was hours later that it had been most of the week...

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2014, 02:47 PM »

You are north of me and my guess the flow control might be a little more consitent. Where I am at the change is pretty quick. I have been shore fishing a few times when the boys working the hydro would walk through and warn us that there were going to discharge. I have been out in the boat and have seen the water come up 4 feet or more in an hour. I tried the flow site and take it with a grain of salt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.