FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: where to shore fish for panfish?  (Read 892 times)

theorigionalhd

where to shore fish for panfish?
« on: Aug 22, 2014, 04:45 PM »
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out. I generally fish out of my single person kayak for bass, trout, pike, and carp and do pretty well I suppose. But my girlfriend, who loves eating fish, wants to help me bring in a mess soon. The problem is that I rarely target panfish nor do I fish from shore often and definitely haven't combined the two since I was a kid. So to put it bluntly I'm pretty stumped.

We fished with crawlers from shore at hurshtown today and only caught a few dinks. Can any of you guys help me out with locations and tips around north east Indiana?

stinkybaits

Re: where to shore fish for panfish?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2014, 05:38 PM »
It's rough from shore this time of year. I'd suggest possibly renting a boat at Hurshtown. Do you use a fishfinder of any type? Chain of Lakes has boat rentals too. We used to do great setting bubbles about two foot deep with tubes and fishing along the edge of the pads crappie would be sitting on the edges and the edges of those pads  were pretty much on the edge of a deeper break line.  About the only two areas I can think of that has reasonable boat rental rates and you won't get ran over by speed boats.

tater140

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2014, 11:42 AM »
There is various places around the salimonie that are accessible from the shore.  One of the easiest is probably under the 105 bridge.  The river channel runs through there and deeper water is within casting distance. 

gilldan

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2014, 10:27 AM »
If shore fishing at the Sally or Missy take care.  They are rising fast.  The Missy jumped 10 feet in two days.  The Sally jumped 5 feet in 2 days.  I haven't checked today's levels yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.