FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Raquette Lake  (Read 2549 times)

xc600

• ADK
Raquette Lake
« on: Aug 23, 2014, 01:42 PM »
Headed up next weekend to do some camping and yak fishing. Fairly familiar with the lake but never fished the South inlet heard there were brookies in there. I'm pretty sure Rat would know if so what lure and how far up do I need to go? I know it gets a little crowded at the rapids should I walk up  a ways? Thanks and have a nice Holiday.

fishbone

Re: Raquette Lake
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2014, 04:35 PM »
that is a spring time spot---the water is very warm now

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2014, 12:52 PM »
Headed up next weekend to do some camping and yak fishing. Fairly familiar with the lake but never fished the South inlet heard there were brookies in there. I'm pretty sure Rat would know if so what lure and how far up do I need to go? I know it gets a little crowded at the rapids should I walk up  a ways? Thanks and have a nice Holiday.
----YES,YES,YES,WHICH ONE, you have stillman brook,sucker brook,there are two inlets in beaver bay[donot know names]
and browns inlet by harding island. with all this stated,WATER TEMP. is the key
is stocked with lakers[about 8000 year from 98] and brookies[about 10,000 year from 98] if you want broolies
water temp. is key[i like spinners and flys] but that is just me.i like the inlets
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2014, 12:55 PM »
that is a spring time spot---the water is very warm now
YOU ARE RIGHT ON. water temp. is the KEY.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

myemmy

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2014, 03:47 PM »
How about the Marion  River. .??

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2014, 07:12 AM »
Thanks for the info never thought about temps. Rat I was talking about the inlet from Sagamore way that crosses under 28. Guess I'll stick to trolling harnesses around rocky dropoffs.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2014, 01:09 PM »
How about the Marion  River. .??

i have fished this.i stayed at the leanto on lake utowana ,on the FAR
SIDE,[now a lot of the land on the marion river is private,but but deals
were in the works???so CHECK. THAT aside GREAT FOR LOCKS.look
for the redds[not the same as trout] timing and water temp VERY
IMPORTANT.[a little side creek bear brook check it out]
RAT

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Thanks for the info never thought about temps. Rat I was talking about the inlet from Sagamore way that crosses under 28. Guess I'll stick to trolling harnesses around rocky dropoffs.
DONOT PASS UP the sagamore creek????[outlet from the sagamore lake]
fish it HARD TO the water falls it can be VERY good
RAT

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2014, 08:10 PM »
If I was going to fish raquette for brookies right now, I'd fish the deeper water near any inlet, south inlet will still be fairly warm this time of year and I'd be weary of even targeting brookies on that side of the lake, you're more likely to get into the bass..
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 2014, 07:06 AM »
Thanks for the tips. I think I'll troll dropoffs with my transducer running  deep looking for cold spots but I don't mind bass. Nothing like being in the ADKS.

fishryc

« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2014, 01:01 PM »
  That flow is on South Bay, rather than S. Inlet. Hence, the misunderstanding.
 Anyway, get a Raquette L. map on screen and scroll South to Sagamore Lake and blow it up; focusing on the East end.
 It's and easy paddle across Sagamore (you can pull off the dirt road on the West end North of the great camp and leave your vehicle w/ no problems.
 Warm water / Summertime brookies can often be found in both Lost Brook and East Inlet.
 Numbers are dependent on the year and again, on water temps; I'll be doing this trek in the 3re week of Sept. and much look forward to it.
 Paddle as far as you can / what water levels permit, pull out, and bust brush and target any dark pools you encounter-- fish are often under the bank or hiding in submerged branches. (Eliminates the possibility of casting, however).
 Hence, You'll wanna bring a long rod to maneuver it through / over the brush and dangle any live bait on a hook.
 Even a worm segment will do wonders.
 Good luck-- have fun...................
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #11 on: Aug 28, 2014, 02:27 PM »
  That flow is on South Bay, rather than S. Inlet. Hence, the misunderstanding.
 Anyway, get a Raquette L. map on screen and scroll South to Sagamore Lake and blow it up; focusing on the East end.
 It's and easy paddle across Sagamore (you can pull off the dirt road on the West end North of the great camp and leave your vehicle w/ no problems.
 Warm water / Summertime brookies can often be found in both Lost Brook and East Inlet.
 Numbers are dependent on the year and again, on water temps; I'll be doing this trek in the 3re week of Sept. and much look forward to it.
 Paddle as far as you can / what water levels permit, pull out, and bust brush and target any dark pools you encounter-- fish are often under the bank or hiding in submerged branches. (Eliminates the possibility of casting, however).
 Hence, You'll wanna bring a long rod to maneuver it through / over the brush and dangle any live bait on a hook.
 Even a worm segment will do wonders.
 Good luck-- have fun..................
GREAT,GREAT,info thanks,thanks
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT.

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #12 on: Aug 28, 2014, 04:08 PM »
GREAT INFO THANKS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum