FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: panfish help for seneca lake  (Read 1682 times)

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
panfish help for seneca lake
« on: Aug 24, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Will be fishing north end of Seneca tomorrow looking for panfish.....never fished there only fall for  perch further down. I know there are some big sunnies and gills but don't know where....any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
Re: panfish help for seneca lake
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2014, 07:36 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about trying it out on Friday morning weather pending. Would love to find some of those big sunfish!
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

stratos122

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2014, 07:54 PM »
I got some on the on the north east side by the marina back in may not alot but big ones. I was gonna try it again this weekend but decided to go to  Skaneateles  lake.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2014, 02:27 AM »
They'll probably be deep on the flats. Try drifting with a perch rig using ice jigs and a piece of night crawler or red worm. Last trip to Canandaigua, I found them out to 40' on the North end. I suspect Seneca would be similar.

The other option would be to get off the weed edge in the bays and bobber jig for them although you're more likely to find bluegills there.

Whatever you do, don't keep any perch ;)

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

greensider

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2014, 05:16 AM »
its summer the big pannies are deep i would start 15 feet and go deeper from there number 2 pimple with a pinch of crawler just like when ice fishing

icejohn

« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2014, 07:31 PM »
I went Monday after dentist appt........tried north end west side, zippo, tried drifting in14-16 fow........nothing, went to west side fished along shore at that cub... nothing (few shiners and small bass) fishing with plastic minnow, then went into mouth of canal around bridge 9-10 flow started to catch few sunnies, some keepers and several small ones then went further down canal between bridges found some gils and sunnies several nice fish but none of those big sunnies. Will have to try drifting deeper next time..thanks for the responses.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

greensider

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2014, 06:01 PM »
i would check the deepest weed edge you can find

icejohn

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2014, 09:52 PM »
i would check the deepest weed edge you can find
Thanks for the replies....will have to try the deeper weed edges greensider.....next time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.