FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: TROUT-POND OR STREAM  (Read 2816 times)

peddler

Re: TROUT-POND OR STREAM
« Reply #15 on: Aug 29, 2014, 04:04 PM »
MickeyFinn I'm sure guys keep it quite look at ice shanty what has  happened to lakes that gets promoted on the internet  how much extra pressure they receive, something's are best kept silent

Fred you've seen my 6#er haven't you.

filetandrelease

« Reply #16 on: Aug 29, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Yes I have and a real prime example ,

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #17 on: Aug 30, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Id go out on a limb and say there are several brookies caught pushing 10lbs each year in NY, they go unreported, most of the die hard brook trout fisherman arent willing to give up the names of the places they catch fish over 20 inches to anyone let alone advertise the location in the record book..
YOU ARE RIGHT ON. MOST donot care about the record books, i know that inc.you and ME.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #18 on: Aug 30, 2014, 01:59 PM »
YOU ARE RIGHT ON. I HAVE NAILED BIG BROOKIES. and put them back how big
or how long,how heave. i put them back and KEEP MY MOUTH close,------
if you work you will find them. and i hope you do. and i hope you put them back.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #19 on: Sep 01, 2014, 02:06 PM »
THIS IS JUST ME. but i know there are 10# brookies in N.Y.STATE,
WILL WE get  14.8 BROOKIE????maybe???? we need a dropdown
water,plus some genetics,and LESS FISHERS,[ TO ME AN ONLY ME
WE MUST PUT THEM BACK.]
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #20 on: Sep 01, 2014, 02:25 PM »
I agree with you RAT.  We have to put them back,  especially the big ones. The only ones I us usually keep are small or mortally wounded. I wont "waste" one if its not going to survive., but I don't want to eat a big one. I don't think they taste as good. And, they're the ones that will get bigger and hopefully pass on the better genes.  I also seem to notice fewer and fewer fishermen every year. Let's hope..... ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #21 on: Sep 01, 2014, 02:50 PM »
I agree with you RAT.  We have to put them back,  especially the big ones. The only ones I us usually keep are small or mortally wounded. I wont "waste" one if its not going to survive., but I don't want to eat a big one. I don't think they taste as good. And, they're the ones that will get bigger and hopefully pass on the better genes.  I also seem to notice fewer and fewer fishermen every year. Let's hope..... ;D
HOW CAN WE TELL.???? to me an only me.we MUST put them back, you know when i and
my father in law[lynn] fished the. A.D.KS we put back 90% of all the brookies,we caught
that is just us you must do what you think is right
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #22 on: Sep 01, 2014, 02:58 PM »
I also feel you need to leave them alone in the summer once the water warms up.  Fighting them in warm water and bringing them up from the depths causes a lot of undue stress on them.  I chase my brookies from April thru early June and from mid September through October.  But that's just me.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #23 on: Sep 01, 2014, 03:10 PM »
I also feel you need to leave them alone in the summer once the water warms up.  Fighting them in warm water and bringing them up from the depths causes a lot of undue stress on them.  I chase my brookies from April thru early June and from mid September through October.  But that's just me.   ;D
TO ME AND ONLY ME, i think you are A 100% right. it is about the fight,as long as we donot
hert the fish.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #24 on: Sep 01, 2014, 03:24 PM »
TO ME AND YOU,i think the fish are the most important.[ I LOVE TO GET BROOKIES] but i donot
want to hurt them ,to me and only me ALL MUST GO BACK.[IF I WANT FISH TO EAT I WILL GO TO A
MARKET],
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.