FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Man kills muskie on video on Detroit river  (Read 5182 times)

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
Re: Man kills muskie on video on Detroit river
« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Should have thrown the fish back in their boat and claim that you were just getting rid of idiot trash......oh, but not a trash fish!!!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

deerhunter

« Reply #16 on: Sep 20, 2014, 06:28 AM »
up here in maine they are an invasive speicies and are encouraged to not release them. make good fish for the smoker.

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
« Reply #17 on: Sep 20, 2014, 07:08 AM »
up here in maine they are an invasive speicies and are encouraged to not release them. make good fish for the smoker.
Then why would Maine waste money stocking lakes with muskie? Seems pointless to me if you're just going to kill them.

deerhunter

« Reply #18 on: Sep 20, 2014, 05:28 PM »
they do no stock muskies or pike. the so called bucket bioligests have done that and have ruined many salmon and native brook trout habitat. I kill every pike and muskie that I catch.

ZeroGravity

« Reply #19 on: Sep 22, 2014, 12:29 PM »
up here in Maine they are an invasive species and are encouraged to not release them. make good fish for the smoker.

Each fishery species is managed differently....  The focus is typically towards the native fish and in some cases, the stocking programs.  This video was taken on a water where muskie as a prized game fish...  As deer hunter noted, we have waters in Maine where muskie and pike were illegally stocked by the bucket biologist and we are encouraged to kill all the fish that are caught. 

I fished the South Fork of the Snake in Idaho a few years back and they offered a bounty for Rainbows and Cut Bows due to the pressure placed on the browns and cuthroats along with the cross breeding with the bows... 

Lake trout in Yellowstone Lake must be killed by law..............

My point is that we each need to be educated about the fishery and management of the fishery and respect it as intended at the respective body of water you are fishing.... 

Have an awesome day!

- ZG -

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.