FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: hello just wanted some info on salmon river pulaski  (Read 5019 times)

fish up!!

• Gotta love them smallies!!!
hello just wanted some info on salmon river pulaski
« on: Sep 17, 2014, 01:46 PM »
hey guys just wanted to plan a long weekend to the salmon river never been.  I fish erie tribs for steelies, for the most part, been to Burt dam and oak orchard a hand full of times. i just wanted to know if there is a reasonable  place to stay , what part of the river to fish (I'll be wading/ shore fishing) i'd like to try to get up there early oct. Or is  there a better time?? just hate to waste a trip! If anyone could just streer me in the right direction would be much apperciated . thanks Dale 

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: hello just wanted some info on salmon river pulaski
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2014, 02:04 PM »
ON sept.17/1995 i got several kings on flys
i think you need NEW info.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2014, 02:09 PM »
Fish up pm sent good luck

bigt

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2014, 10:40 PM »
I work the outages at the power plants every year. I stay at the Travelodge but I think its now Knights Inn. Rooms aren't too bad, same with the price. I'm on the edge of town in Pulaski. Everything is close by, stores, bait shops, restaurants. 3723 State Route 13, Pulaski NY 13142. Office # 315 298 4717 Don't call a booking hotline or go on line, they will charge you double. Call the office, speak with VJ you will get a better deal.

TROUSER-Tr

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2014, 06:16 AM »
I can tell where not to stay the super 8 found bed bugs last year got pics told manger and the whole thing was laughed at.. If i remember it was room 220 but if in one room chances are they are in every room... It took me 2 weeks and about 125$ in cleaning fees to get my fishing gear B.B. FREE..I HOPE!!

troutaddict33

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2014, 08:25 AM »
I always stay in Fox Hollow's cabins. Nice clean place with reasonable rates. 315-298-2876.  If you can fly fish, fish the fly only section which will normally get you away from a 70% of the idiots.

centerpinjosh

• live to fish forced to work
« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2014, 09:20 AM »
I always stay in Fox Hollow's cabins. Nice clean place with reasonable rates. 315-298-2876.  If you can fly fish, fish the fly only section which will normally get you away from a 70% of the idiots.

Don't wanna hijack the thread but the fly fishing only section does it mean you have to use a fly rod or can you use a Centerpin with flies?...Dumb question  but I don't have a fly rod only a pin rod

troutaddict33

« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Don't wanna hijack the thread but the fly fishing only section does it mean you have to use a fly rod or can you use a Centerpin with flies?...Dumb question  but I don't have a fly rod only a pin rod

Conventional fly equipment only - restrictions on type of line and weight as well. I pulled this directly from DEC website:

Special Regulations for the Salmon River (Oswego County) Fly Fishing Catch-And-Release Areas
Two stream sections between County Route 52 Bridge in Altmar and the Lighthouse Hill Reservoir.

Fishing Hours, Season Dates & Boundaries
Angling permitted: from 1/2 hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset. Trespassing prohibited at night.

Lower Fly Section: September 15 through May 15. From County Route 52 bridge in Altmar upstream .25 miles to the marked boundary at Beaverdam Brook.

Upper Fly Section: April 1 through November 30. From a marked boundary upstream of the New York State Salmon River Fish Hatchery property to marked boundary approximately 0.6 miles upstream at the Lighthouse Hill Reservoir tailrace.

Fishing is prohibited outside the open season.

Regulations
Catch & Release: All fish must be immediately released without unnecessary injury.

Tackle Restrictions: Tackle is restricted to a traditional fly rod, fly reel, fly line, and artificial fly (As permitted below).

Restrictions on fly lines, flies, attractors, leaders and supplemental weight:
Fly Lines

•Use of less than 20 feet of floating, sinking, or combination floating/sinking fly line or shooting head immediately behind the leader
and in front of any running line or other backing is prohibited.

•Between May 1 and August 31: Floating Fly Lines Only.

•Between September 1 and April 30: Floating, Sinking, and Sinktip fly lines are permitted.
Flies

•Between May 1 and August 31: a single unweighted artificial fly having one hook point with a one-half inch maximum gap only permitted.

•Between September 1 and April 30: a single unweighted or weighted artificial fly with no more than 1/8 oz. added weight, having one hook point with a one-half-inch maximum gap only permitted.
Attractors

•The use of added baits or attractors such as, but not limited to, fish eggs, insects, beads, spoons, spinners, plugs, or similar devices on the line above the artificial fly is prohibited.

Leaders

•The total length of the leader including the tippet shall not exceed 15 feet.

•Between May 1 and August 31: sinking and metal leaders are prohibited.

Additional Weight

•Between May 1 and August 31: the use of supplemental weight such as split shot, sinkers, metal leaders, twistons, or swivels attached to the leader, tippet, fly line or fly is prohibited.

•Between September 1 and April 30: the use of supplemental weight is permitted with the following restrictions.
- The combined weight of any supplemental weight and fly may not exceed one-eighth of an ounce.
- The maximum distance between the artificial fly and any added weight to the line, leader or tippet shall not exceed four feet.
- Weight added to the line, leader, swivels, or artificial fly in any manner such that the weight hangs lower than the attached fly is prohibited.

Note: the Daily Limit for Rainbow Trout or Steelhead Is One Fish per Day for All Lake Ontario Tributaries Except Lower Niagara River.

centerpinjosh

• live to fish forced to work
« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2014, 10:13 AM »
Well that excludes me lol thanks for the info

monic20

« Reply #9 on: Sep 18, 2014, 02:21 PM »

That excludes me to!! Guess I'm a idiot cause I don't fish the fly snagging zones lol!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2014, 03:10 PM »
That excludes me to!! Guess I'm a idiot cause I don't fish the fly snagging zones lol!!
;D

dimebrite

« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2014, 04:43 PM »
The past week or so the whole river's been looking like a snaggin zone ;D

ripple

« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2014, 06:36 PM »
ON sept.17/1995 i got several kings on flys
i think you need NEW info.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

Isn't that when the state of NY banned crickets , aka lead weighted treble hooks ?
Geesh , I need some new info help too . Lol

troutaddict33

« Reply #13 on: Sep 19, 2014, 09:24 AM »

I knew someone would get their panties in a bunch over that comment. I didn't come close to saying you are an idiot if you don't flyfish lol. There's idiots in every stretch, but you just happen to find more polite people in the upper section plain and simple.

monic20

« Reply #14 on: Sep 19, 2014, 10:46 AM »
I knew someone would get their panties in a bunch over that comment. I didn't come close to saying you are an idiot if you don't flyfish lol. There's idiots in every stretch, but you just happen to find more polite people in the upper section plain and simple.

Lol!!!!!!!!! Panties !!! But yes there in every stretch of that river...ok ok back to topic start low on river ballpark area good start always during your weekend then you can always head up to altmar if the fish are up higher .. And to stay book a stay with altmar outfitters  great place to stay !! If he's got no room try witakers or fox hollow k..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.