FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Happiness Is............  (Read 4000 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Happiness Is............
« on: Sep 17, 2014, 03:38 PM »
A sink full of fat Honeoye gills ;D

A great day on the water.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Happiness Is............
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2014, 03:43 PM »
YOU ARE THE BEST, please tell us how
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2014, 03:43 PM »
I thought you were headed to I-bay?

Nice slabs tho.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2014, 03:44 PM »
YOU ARE THE BEST, please tell us how
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

I think he used a rod, reel, line and hook.
Mebee sum bate too.

;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2014, 03:55 PM »
It was the spontaneous effect of retirement at work. I got to the end of the street and changed directions. Glad I did.

You are spot on. I used a rod, reel, line, hooks, bait and a boat. The darned things were under the water.

Go figure.  :-\

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2014, 08:27 PM »
 :D

Glad you had fun Bob.

(I was kinda interested in an I-bay report though)

:whistling:

wally13

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2014, 09:57 PM »
NICE GILLS BLUEGILLS GOOD JOB

dimebrite

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2014, 10:38 PM »
Happiness is a warm gun...yes it is  ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2014, 12:04 AM »
Happiness is a warm gun...yes it is  ;D

Nothing like keeping your gun warm  ;D

Well done RG really nice fish , I see retirement is agreeing with you

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Sep 18, 2014, 02:49 AM »
Only a few under 9" Fred . Quite a few over 10.

To tell the truth Mac, I think it was the $7 launch fee at I-bay that made me go to Honeoye. It's listed as "Ironedquoit Bay State Marine Park" but the launch is owned by Monroe County. No free launch for us old guys at this park. I think we should make an issue out of it. It's election year, maybe we can put some pressure on the politicos to follow the state's lead and offer free launch passes for seniors.

Maybe I'll write a petition and hang out at the launch for signatures. Hell, I have the time ;D

Rg

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2014, 06:03 AM »
Bob...Nice mess o' gillls.  Headed out myself tomorrow.  Usually this time of year with the dropping water temps we find the bigger fish moving back in to relatively shallow water.  True for you or are they still deep?

chrony59

« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2014, 07:50 AM »
Only a few under 9" Fred . Quite a few over 10.

To tell the truth Mac, I think it was the $7 launch fee at I-bay that made me go to Honeoye. It's listed as "Ironedquoit Bay State Marine Park" but the launch is owned by Monroe County. No free launch for us old guys at this park. I think we should make an issue out of it. It's election year, maybe we can put some pressure on the politicos to follow the state's lead and offer free launch passes for seniors.

Maybe I'll write a petition and hang out at the launch for signatures. Hell, I have the time ;D

Rg

They lost money last Saturday .................... a person was there to collect from all 4 of us that launched !! She was even trying to charge a guy that was pulling his boat for the season ............she asked him when he launched his reply was early June !!! LOL    Oh and yes we did catch Perch  ;)

stripernut

« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2014, 08:20 AM »
You guys need to come out and fish New England, we are rotten with pan fish and few are interested in targeting them... If you find your way out here, let me know and I will be happy to put you on pan fish all day long...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Sep 18, 2014, 11:12 AM »
My good friend "The Old Man" launches there often. Last season he showed up before the shack slaker and had to wash the docks of all the goose crap befiore he dared walk out there. He spent. Half hour with a 5 gallon bucket and broom cleaning the docks.

As he was launching the dude showed up and tried to charge him. He told him to stuff it and that he paid for his launch by cleaning the docks. The dude just left him alone.

You know they offer a season pass for seniors for $65? It's only good for that one launch. The state offers an empire pass for every park and launch in the system for the same price.

I say a bunch of us old farts should show up, launch our boats and just plain refuse to pay.

Rg

grady95

« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2014, 05:27 PM »
My good friend "The Old Man" launches there often. Last season he showed up before the shack slaker and had to wash the docks of all the goose crap befiore he dared walk out there. He spent. Half hour with a 5 gallon bucket and broom cleaning the docks.

As he was launching the dude showed up and tried to charge him. He told him to stuff it and that he paid for his launch by cleaning the docks. The dude just left him alone.

You know they offer a season pass for seniors for $65? It's only good for that one launch. The state offers an empire pass for every park and launch in the system for the same price.

I say a bunch of us old farts should show up, launch our boats and just plain refuse to pay.

Rg
So this is what retirement is going to look like when I decide to pull the trigger huh?  Going on a fishing web site and inciting a "Walker Brigade" riot?  I suppose if there's enough of you, you could hold the guy down and force feed him with Geritol!  You're becoming very dangerous in your "old age" Bob.  This is Anarchy..... :-)
Grady

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.