FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman - Hunting and BSn Thread 2014  (Read 65359 times)

kowboy

Re: NY Fisherman - Hunting and BSn Thread 2014
« Reply #240 on: Nov 25, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Congrats looks like some back straps are in order for your dinner in the near future

perch-hound

« Reply #241 on: Nov 26, 2014, 08:30 AM »
Thanks guys, this deer had a slug hole through the backstraps, high hit, I could tell he had a wound so I dumped him.
Although he was getting along just fine walking through the woods, morally I felt I had to shoot him.
I had set my sights on a 3 1/2 yr old, but this was a nice 2 1/2 yr old anyhow, still got late season for a brute.
Twenty minutes after I shot an old friend came along tracking the deer in the snow, he was glad someone
had knocked the buck down. I told him no less than a dozen times that he was more than welcome to have the deer since he
might of at some point caught up to the deer in the snow, but he was insistent that I keep the deer. I did what I felt was the
right thing to do, first, shoot the deer, and second, offer it to the first guy that had a hit on it.
I told him "I never would have seen the deer if you hadn't hit it", and he said "I never would have seen it again if you hadn't
shot it". We both laughed and agreed we needed to get together again and catch up after years of absence.

jperch

« Reply #242 on: Nov 26, 2014, 09:30 AM »
Perch hound, very nice, true sportsmanship all the way around!  jperch

wally13

« Reply #243 on: Nov 26, 2014, 02:01 PM »
NICE BUCK GOOD JOB

Racer268

« Reply #244 on: Nov 26, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Well done Perch hound, Scout and KC.  I'm looking forward to some time with the MZ.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

filetandrelease

« Reply #245 on: Nov 26, 2014, 07:21 PM »

Nice PH

Mac Attack

« Reply #246 on: Nov 27, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Thanks guys, this deer had a slug hole through the backstraps, high hit, I could tell he had a wound so I dumped him.
Although he was getting along just fine walking through the woods, morally I felt I had to shoot him.
I had set my sights on a 3 1/2 yr old, but this was a nice 2 1/2 yr old anyhow, still got late season for a brute.
Twenty minutes after I shot an old friend came along tracking the deer in the snow, he was glad someone
had knocked the buck down. I told him no less than a dozen times that he was more than welcome to have the deer since he
might of at some point caught up to the deer in the snow, but he was insistent that I keep the deer. I did what I felt was the
right thing to do, first, shoot the deer, and second, offer it to the first guy that had a hit on it.
I told him "I never would have seen the deer if you hadn't hit it", and he said "I never would have seen it again if you hadn't
shot it". We both laughed and agreed we needed to get together again and catch up after years of absence.

Invite him over for a little barbecued venison.

reeleyz

« Reply #247 on: Nov 28, 2014, 09:57 AM »
I shot this one behind my house in the Northern Zone this morning. It was a great morning to be in the woods!

kc

« Reply #248 on: Nov 28, 2014, 10:38 AM »
Very nice, looks like it will be tender. Hope your Mom is doing well.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #249 on: Nov 28, 2014, 11:40 AM »
All right Bruce!!!! Well done man, and great pic as always with the boy! ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbup_smilie:

coachwarner

« Reply #250 on: Nov 28, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Nice deer and picture Bruce :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Racer268

« Reply #251 on: Nov 28, 2014, 02:06 PM »
Very nice Bruce.  Way to stay at it! 

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #252 on: Nov 28, 2014, 03:06 PM »
Great picture..  Congratulations..... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishshack

« Reply #253 on: Nov 28, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Nice!!!  Pic for the wall.  :clapping:

reeleyz

« Reply #254 on: Nov 28, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Thanks guys. It really was a fun morning in the woods. Also saw a fisher and a coyote that I could not get a shot at. Nothing like a nice snow falling and a buck appearing out of nowhere!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.