FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: open togue season on sebago  (Read 12442 times)

Turnbuckle

Re: open togue season on sebago
« Reply #30 on: Oct 13, 2014, 08:55 AM »
Not that it means much, but I thought this season was off for me. I had one evening of the best fishing I can remember and lost track of the salmon I caught, but beyond that I thought it was slower than most years for salmon and togue.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

s fontinalis

« Reply #31 on: Oct 13, 2014, 06:17 PM »
managed one small togue and lost something bigger today. lot of time on the water for not a ton of action.

BerryCraft

• Fish On!
« Reply #32 on: Oct 13, 2014, 10:45 PM »
Saw a white boat that said survey crew on the side of it today puttin around in front of my work (Richardsons) maybe they are looking deeper into it?
Always working. Either on getting fish in the boat, at my job, or on my buzz!

s fontinalis

« Reply #33 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:19 AM »
Saw a white boat that said survey crew on the side of it today puttin around in front of my work (Richardsons) maybe they are looking deeper into it?

Saw a boat out there cruising around all afternoon with a flashing light... same guys?

BerryCraft

• Fish On!
« Reply #34 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:17 AM »
Saw a boat out there cruising around all afternoon with a flashing light... same guys?
Didn't notice a flashing light. Was probably the water district boat you saw. Though it was early and I didn't have coffee in me yet..... Could have been a flying saucer towing a werewolf skier and I probably would have only noticed the survey crew lettering on the side....
Always working. Either on getting fish in the boat, at my job, or on my buzz!

LostOne

« Reply #35 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:45 AM »

Didn't notice a flashing light. Was probably the water district boat you saw. Though it was early and I didn't have coffee in me yet..... Could have been a flying saucer towing a werewolf skier and I probably would have only noticed the survey crew lettering on the side....
:w00t: :clapping: :rotflol:
You can\'t catch them, if you don\'t go.

fishlessman

« Reply #36 on: Oct 14, 2014, 12:40 PM »
Not that it means much, but I thought this season was off for me. I had one evening of the best fishing I can remember and lost track of the salmon I caught, but beyond that I thought it was slower than most years for salmon and togue.

same here, maybe its because we came off some bonanza years with some really large fish and the middle to end of this year was just slower action. lots of 18 to 20 inch salmon as a whole but the bigger ones just were not there in quantity this year. its too bad because the ones we did catch were really healthy looking fat fish

smitty265

« Reply #37 on: Oct 14, 2014, 04:12 PM »
I was out Sunday for several hours. No action. Trying to decide whether to put the boat away now or do some additional trips in search of togue. It's been such a mediocre year for togue and last winter seemed to be pretty good through the ice. I'm tempted to just wait and hit them again when the ice auger is leading the way.

BassinAssassin

« Reply #38 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:26 PM »
The survey crew is from Garmin. Probably mapping the lake contours.

Slammin_Brookies!!

• "Speed and Accuracy" Airborne All The Way 82nd
« Reply #39 on: Oct 15, 2014, 06:09 AM »

X2.....last year Dad and I had multiple double digit days and got a few salmon in the 5 pound range. Our first 3 trips there this year were less then stellar and we targeted other waters the rest of the year.
If you're too busy to fish...........You're too Fa..king busy!

smitty265

« Reply #40 on: Oct 15, 2014, 10:52 AM »
I had a very mediocre year until the last half of August and first half of September. Then the northern end of Jordan Bay really got going with a salmon bite much higher in the water column than I would have expected. I got mostly 18 - 20" fish but I did get a couple of 22" fish and a really fat 24" one evening. That one made my vacation week memorable and the fishing in that time frame in general made up for the spring / early summer fishing that I found to be slow. I fished for togue for a couple of hours most days after salmon fishing. Completely struck out togue wise except for the several I coincidentally caught suspended half down in only 35 - 70 FOW depth while on the inshore swing of salmon trolling patterns in the early mornings. One of them spit up shiners like crazy. The togue I marked out in the usual locations wouldn't budge. I did hit on a lure that worked really well on salmon for me in that time frame. I used the Live Target Smelt lure. They are really expensive (12.95 or so) but they seem to fish like a Yozuri on steroids.

fishlessman

« Reply #41 on: Oct 20, 2014, 01:43 PM »
was out again this past weekend, lots of bait from 60 feet in toward shore but NO fish feeding on them. jump out to the deep 200 foot waters and huge bait schools down 90 to 140 feet, 50 feet thick, and the fish were feeding up on top, even in the prop wash, i dont get it. the thermal break is still down between 35 and 40 feet which really surprises me this late in the year. maybe one more weekend, the togue were in the slot and really really fat

Icepick

« Reply #42 on: Oct 24, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Is it too shallow to launch my small Alumacraft V16 with 15hp Merc at the State Park ramp on the Songo?  Last year in October there it was only about 2 feet deep in the marked "channel" a 1/2 mile out from the mouth of the Songo and tough going one day for me when it was windy.

I was thinking it would be too shallow and was going to try the ramp at the Station in Standish.  Any togue down that end of the lake?  I usually have caught them off Nasons beach at the Great shoal on the NW side of the lake.  Any info would be appreciated as if its not too windy this Sunday, it will be my last trip out as I live in Massachusetts.

joefishmore

« Reply #43 on: Oct 25, 2014, 09:01 AM »
Get out and do it !
They used to catch Salmon off the beach in Standish this time of year fly fishing.
Togue spawn in shallow rocky areas so they may be closer to shore now the water is cooler.

Jack Rabbit

« Reply #44 on: Oct 25, 2014, 09:32 AM »
Icepick,
The boat launch at Sebago L State Park has been closed since Oct.15
As they are doing some modifications to the ramp.
Jack Rabbit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.