FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dellwood Reservoir  (Read 6036 times)

anglerbrian

Dellwood Reservoir
« on: Oct 09, 2014, 11:24 AM »
Got bored yesterday so grabbed my fishing gear and did a little shore fishing at Dellwood. Good day for both pike and walleye.
I was using a slip sinker rig with the main line  going through the sinker then attached to an inline swivel then an 18 inch piece of fluoro with a floating jig n minnow.
This setup works good in fast moving rivers but can also be used still fishing or casting from shore.   If you leave the bail open and watch the line you can see when the fish takes the bait. I  aslo tried using nightcrawlers but most of the bites came on the minnow.
 Hope to get out with the boat at least once more before I put it away for winter. Probably some perch fishing at one of the smaller lakes around here.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Re: Dellwood Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2014, 11:46 PM »
That's a good way to spend an afternoon for sure. Nice to hear that they were biting for you. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

anglerbrian

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2014, 06:08 PM »
another afternoon of shore fishing at Dellwood just like last time caught fish everywhere I tried. Only pike this time around.

and while fishing off the rock dam I snagged something gave it a good tug and ended up with the top section of somebody's lost fishing rod.

all the fish today were on the storm wild eye perch I was too lazy to switch and it was working well.

anglerbrian

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 01:38 PM »
Shore fishing at Dellwood for opening day. The pike were hungry limits in a couple of hours.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 06:58 PM »
Nice going, that's good start to your season anglerbrian. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.