FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: white perch or silver bass  (Read 8409 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: white perch or silver bass
« Reply #30 on: Oct 16, 2014, 06:51 PM »
And Farmer I might trade a few crappies for those clawed things... ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #31 on: Oct 16, 2014, 11:56 PM »
Clamfarmer (weed trout ) equal bass large and smallmouth , and forty years ago I was only 18 , but thanks for thinking I was a little tike ,we catch more white perch than white bass but in the winter if you get onto them it's by the pail full ,  ;), i do target them sometimes , a hoot to catch
And I stopped for dinner to have lobster and king crab and its your fault for showing those pics lol l

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #32 on: Oct 17, 2014, 05:25 AM »
And Farmer I might trade a few crappies for those clawed things... ;D ;D

Good on the crappie. I might consider a trade for some ‘eye meat for lobster meat or littlenecks. I’d like to bring more fillets back than my five day stay of limits will afford.  ;D 8)
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #33 on: Oct 17, 2014, 05:34 AM »
Clamfarmer (weed trout ) equal bass large and smallmouth , and forty years ago I was only 18 , but thanks for thinking I was a little tike ,

I guess you got a couple years on me, young man. You proabaly don’t look any WORSE than way back then. ;D
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

Mac Attack

« Reply #34 on: Oct 17, 2014, 10:27 AM »
We do silver bass on the campfire in a large stainless steel square grate that folds together to hold the filets inside of it.
A little salt and pepper to taste and they are great.
Sometimes my son shakes them in wing sauce after done cooking and we dip them in ranch dressing like wings.
Awesome!

And we have always called them silver bass and never even heard them called white bass until just the past few years.
Probably only a local thing.
Doesn't matter what you call them, we keep them and eat them.
Are they as mild as perch or eyes?
Nope!
But they are still good to eat.
And the larger ones fight pretty decent.
Especially compared to perch.

filetandrelease

« Reply #35 on: Oct 17, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Yep they are scrappers and if not handled right sure can make room for stitches  :o

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #36 on: Oct 22, 2014, 01:11 PM »
i  do  them  for  about a  buck  35  then  go  get a   fillet a fish  from  ronald
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.