FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jig Raps Preferences  (Read 4343 times)

CLAMFARMER

Re: Jig Raps Preferences
« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2014, 05:30 AM »
I’ll look into that line butter.
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2014, 05:49 AM »
Joe, I rarely fish eyes without Braid any more, just tie on a micro swivel and 18 inches of 4# drennan floro leader. I like Fireline Ice.

reeleyz

« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2014, 05:52 AM »
Joe, I rarely fish eyes without Braid any more, just tie on a micro swivel and 18 inches of 4# drennan floro leader. I like Fireline Ice.

Shouldn't you be in the woods? Or are you sitting in a stand or blind like me catching up before the fun begins?

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #18 on: Oct 18, 2014, 06:00 AM »
Shouldn't you be in the woods? Or are you sitting in a stand or blind like me catching up before the fun begins?
LOL, I should but I needed to catch up on my rest and some long overdue chores. Be out for the afternoon and tomorrow morning. A nice early one takes the pressure off  ;D ;D ;D

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #19 on: Oct 18, 2014, 06:58 AM »
Real Magic is said to prevent icing in the braid.
Line Butter seems to help a bit and helps on the fluoro twisting and coiling too.

HA! I thought “Line Butter” was another local word for Reel Magic, like ‘slime dart”.

OKAY! Before I buy one of these goops; How many of you guys use the stuff for icing on your lines?

Thanks!

\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

Eastsider

« Reply #20 on: Oct 18, 2014, 07:24 AM »
Read the packages, most only work down to about 20 degrees

Chowdaire

« Reply #21 on: Oct 18, 2014, 07:50 AM »
I didn't buy Line Butter for icing. I bought it to make the fluoro more manageable. It did seem to help with the icing though. Even my braid wasn't bad last year.

Warning if you try it though. It's like spraying corn oil on your spool. Very greasy stuff. I'm going to try the KVD Line Conditioner when this runs out.

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2014, 03:14 PM »
I didn't buy Line Butter for icing.  :rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping:I bought it to make the fluoro more manageable. It did seem to help with the icing though. Even my braid wasn't bad last year.
:rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping:

I might try loading a reel with braid and coating it by drawing the line through the goop. Hmmmm. Gotta configure some sort of apparatus. Probably just soak the spool before filling the reel. Or just skip it. I am putting braid on two rods though.
 How do you guys coat it?

Chowdaire

« Reply #23 on: Oct 19, 2014, 02:12 PM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping:

I might try loading a reel with braid and coating it by drawing the line through the goop. Hmmmm. Gotta configure some sort of apparatus. Probably just soak the spool before filling the reel. Or just skip it. I am putting braid on two rods though.
 How do you guys coat it?

You just spray it on the loaded spool the night before and it soaks in. Wipe all the excess and you're ready to go. Another warning. DON'T SPRAY IT INDOORS! Little beads of oil end up everywhere. Actually, the more I think about it, I have no idea why I bother with it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.