FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Clayton Area Musky Guide  (Read 4400 times)

grady95

Clayton Area Musky Guide
« on: Oct 14, 2014, 12:18 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Musky Guides up at The Islands?  Any recommendations?  Looking for a full day, one or possibly two man outing.
Grady

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Clayton Area Musky Guide
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2014, 02:27 PM »
YOU have to check aT LEAST  4 different places, make sure this is
want you want[they are on the intent]
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2014, 02:57 PM »
Get hold of Darryl (his name is "rate" here on MFF)

his email is - [email protected]

D works on one the best charter boats up that way.
And they probably catch more musky than anyone.
I mean this!!!!
He busts his a$$ for his clients.
But they book up early - so don't wait.
They troll for musky right into the snow.

I bust his butt a lot, but he knows what he's doing.
Tell him Mac told you to contact him.
(And don't believe anything he says about me)
 ;D

grady95

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2014, 05:25 PM »
YOU have to check aT LEAST  4 different places, make sure this is
want you want[they are on the intent]
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
Agreed!  This IS one of the places I'm checking.  River water runs through my blood too.  I was raised up by The Burg and Jimmy Evans was a very close family friend.  He's not around anymore, so it looks like I'll have to find someone else.  It's hard to imagine knowing anyone on that river who knew as much about muskies as Jimmy Evans.  Maybe Len Hartman.  I used to see him occasionally when I was a kid hanging around Cubby's Marine under the bridge in the Oswegotchie.  Yea, he broke the rules, and he paid a big price for it,  but those are the two men who I used to idolize as a boy.  For all his faults, Hartman was still one hell of a fisherman.
All I'm asking for is some names of people up there these days who still know that River like they did and like we used to when we were growing up.  Those are pretty big shoes to fill, but suggestions are welcome.  Thanks to the guys who have already PM'd me about this.  I'll follow up on your suggestions tomorrow.  :thumbup_smilie:
Grady

unreel

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2014, 05:22 AM »
Get hold of Darryl (his name is "rate" here on MFF)

his email is - [email protected]

D works on one the best charter boats up that way.
And they probably catch more musky than anyone.
I mean this!!!!
He busts his a$$ for his clients.
But they book up early - so don't wait.
They troll for musky right into the snow.

Tell him Mac told you to contact him.
(And believe anything he says about me)
 ;D

X2
http://www.stlawrencemuskiefishing.com/
Bob and Darryl will do an OUTSTANDING job

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2014, 08:17 AM »
X2
Bob and Darryl will do an OUTSTANDING job

Thanks young fella.
 ;)

I didn't have the website.
(And couldn't remember the name of the charter service - I did however remember that the boat was Water Wolf)

http://www.stlawrencemuskiefishing.com

Everything else is just bait!!!    :D

greenhornet73

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2014, 05:33 PM »
I don't know if 'Muskie Joe' Netti is still around but i did a trip with him and got a Muskie my first and only time out along with probably 30 Northern Pike and 2 walleyes over 24" all on muskie lures.  He know the river like the back of his hand.

perch-hound

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2014, 10:27 AM »
X2

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2014, 10:39 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with Musky Guides up at The Islands?  Any recommendations?  Looking for a full day, one or possibly two man outing.
Grady

So..............????

What did you decide?

Did you book one with someone?

Did you go out already?

Report?

Photos?

;)

grady95

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2014, 11:48 AM »
A buddy of mine is a full time resident on Wellesley Island and has done some pretty extensive musky fishing.  He has asked me to come up and fish with him.  He knows the places, I have the boat and tackle.  Now it's just a matter of finding the time to bring the boat up and get out.  This coming weekend is starting to shape up as a likely first go at it.  Too much high wind this past weekend to even want to take the time to drive all the way up and get blown off the river.
Think we're going to give it try on our own first without a guide.  Both of us have over 50 years of experience each on The River so we're not going out totally green.  I actually already have one musky this year.  It was a short but a heck of a good battle.  We were fishing walleyes in the general area of Ganonoque last month.  Got between two islands in a little bit of a rip current and BAM!  It hit my Reef Runner and it was off to the races.  No pictures and back he went, tired but unharmed.
I'll certainly let you know how we do.  If we don't find them, I will be then trying to do it with a guide, but we want to take our own shot first.  Details to follow................
Thanks for the information from everyone.  Looks like there will be a good selection of well known guides with great reputations to call if we strike out!  I'll keep you posted
Grady

FishinNY

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2014, 04:39 PM »

So..............????

What did you decide?

Did you book one with someone?

Did you go out already?

Report?

Photos?

;)
Even though he didn't, I did book with water wolf. Talked to him over the weekend and they are going to town up there. Hope to get my first pure bread and lots of pike next month!
I am Muskies Inc.

lowjack12

« Reply #11 on: Oct 21, 2014, 06:38 PM »
This Sunday going out with Signman charters. Going to be in Clayton For a few days. Doe anybody know if there is any
shore fishing around. Maybe some night walleyes. Any info would be greatly appreciated :tipup:

peddler

« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2014, 07:56 PM »
This Sunday going out with Signman charters. Going to be in Clayton For a few days. Doe anybody know if there is any
shore fishing around. Maybe some night walleyes. Any info would be greatly appreciated :tipup:

Sign man is as good as there is on the River! He's great.

raate

« Reply #13 on: Oct 22, 2014, 11:02 AM »
Sign man is as good as there is on the River! He's great.
x 2....

If someone HAS TO BE # 1....we always tell our clients,  that would be Capt. Rich Clark of Sign Man charters!  (315) 783-5930

As far as musky caught and released SO FAR this season....Capt. Paul Corbett is on fire!   (315) 405-5534

If I was to personally  book a charter with another boat, I would love to pick the brains of our friend Capt. John Orevac ! (585) 590-2045

The boat I Co Capt. with owner Bob Walters is Waterwolf.   We are booked solid every day, besides a couple days that we had cancellations recently. I think we have three open dates from now until Dec.15 th?   

You have to book a year in advance to get a date on our boat, so,    Fishin NY, Congratz! , I can't wait to have you aboard! I believe you booked Sunday Nov. 16? Just so you know, that WAS, my personal day I fish without clients, I agreed to work instead , so you could go.  ;D Watch us get a big girl now!    ;) 8)

Anybody interested in the other three dates( weekdays)  open on Waterwolf , can call Capt. Bob at ...  (315) 529-2697, or  Capt. Darryl at (315) 529-8279.

Or call any of the above mentioned Capt's...they are all better than us on any given day! I am sure there are many others to choose from as well.   ;D

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience!

FishinNY

« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2014, 05:11 AM »
x 2....

If someone HAS TO BE # 1....we always tell our clients,  that would be Capt. Rich Clark of Sign Man charters!  (315) 783-5930

As far as musky caught and released SO FAR this season....Capt. Paul Corbett is on fire!   (315) 405-5534

If I was to personally  book a charter with another boat, I would love to pick the brains of our friend Capt. John Orevac ! (585) 590-2045

The boat I Co Capt. with owner Bob Walters is Waterwolf.   We are booked solid every day, besides a couple days that we had cancellations recently. I think we have three open dates from now until Dec.15 th?   

You have to book a year in advance to get a date on our boat, so,    Fishin NY, Congratz! , I can't wait to have you aboard! I believe you booked Sunday Nov. 16? Just so you know, that WAS, my personal day I fish without clients, I agreed to work instead , so you could go.  ;D Watch us get a big girl now!    ;) 8)

Anybody interested in the other three dates( weekdays)  open on Waterwolf , can call Capt. Bob at ...  (315) 529-2697, or  Capt. Darryl at (315) 529-8279.

Or call any of the above mentioned Capt's...they are all better than us on any given day! I am sure there are many others to choose from as well.   ;D

I am coming up the 16th and I'm sorry to take up your personal day. Maybe you can set a couple rods for yourself? We don't mind and shouldn't need much help. I'm certainly looking forward to it!
I am Muskies Inc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.