FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FLOATS,BOBBERS,CORKS  (Read 4704 times)

shark

Re: FLOATS,BOBBERS,CORKS
« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2014, 05:35 PM »
Boy we can have fun with this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :whistling: :whistling:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Oct 20, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Yeah, but we should probably behave ourselves..........NOT!  ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #17 on: Oct 21, 2014, 05:43 AM »
That's STRIPERS Rat. The strippers hang out in another part of town :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :w00t:

Sorry, I had to do it.

Rg

He may have a log book for that too!  ;D
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #18 on: Oct 21, 2014, 09:33 AM »
That's STRIPERS Rat. The strippers hang out in another part of town :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :w00t:

Sorry, I had to do it.

Rg
you got me.now you know where my mind is[old but not dead]
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2014, 12:23 PM »
We're right there with you.

Most men never make it past 18 years old when it comes to certain things  ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

shark

« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2014, 05:26 PM »
If I recall , the last thread about bobbers and floats ran amuck also. :)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Oct 22, 2014, 03:06 AM »
Yes it did. Largely due to a few select smart arses.

Rg

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #22 on: Oct 22, 2014, 01:28 PM »
well  bobbers  are  no  big  deal  but  i  wanna  go  stripper  fishing  with  rat ....rg   you  can  come  to   see  like  the  allstate  commercial on  tv  ya  tie a  dollar  on a  fishing  pole :rotflol: :rotflol: ohhhhhhhhhhhhh   you  almost  got  it
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Oct 22, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Uh oh........Trapper's back.

Rg

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #24 on: Oct 22, 2014, 03:49 PM »
Uh oh........Trapper's back.

Rg

I hope he’s not a stripper TOO :o Nothing I’d want to catch.  ;D
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Oct 22, 2014, 04:51 PM »
Hard to say what you might catch from an old hippie :unsure:

Rg

Bartman44

« Reply #26 on: Oct 22, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Enough of this.

I actually have a real bobber story.

Back when I was 12 (let’s say 1970) I was on the southern section of Lake Champlain one calm November day.  My friend’s father owned a small camp and he was there to cut wood for the ice fishing season.   He wanted some perch for lunch so I got up early with my trusty Zebco 202 combo and some small minnows.  I didn’t have a lot of tackle back then and the only bobber I could find in the shack was this huge red/white pike bobber which I affixed above the hook.

From shore I cast it out, the bobber would wiggle a bit and a perch would come in. After about 10 perch I decided to clean some (I was taught to fillet fish at the age of 10) so I cast the line out and placed a few large rocks on the rig while I cleaned the perch. All of a sudden a heard a crash, looked up, and the pole was gone.   I looked out at the lake, no bobber either.

Suddenly, to my left there it was, the big  bobber, moving at high speed along the surface.  We had the rowboat out, so I jumped in the boat and started chasing it. As I got close, it disappeared below the surface.  A few moments later, it surfaced again, still moving rapidly and then disappearing as I got close to it. After several attempts, I finally got a hold of it, felt something big, and in hand-to-hand combat fashion, brought a 36” pike into the boat.  After boating the fish, I pulled the other end of the line and retrieved the rod and reel.     

The bobber saved the day.  Five years later, the movie Jaws came out and while watching the movie, all I could think about was the barrels and how a similar episode played out on a much smaller scale one day on Lake Champlain.

Long live the bobber.   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Oct 23, 2014, 01:59 AM »
That's a great story Bart.

I too remember using those giant plastic bobbers. When I was old enough to make the couple mile trek, alone, down the beach from our cottage to the little creek, I'd be toting a steel bait casting Rod and reel. It was spooled with that old black nylon line that we'd use for rope today. Those huge bobbers were the only thing heavy enough to peel the rope off that reel. 15' was a long cast ;D. But.....I always managed to get some gills and perch.

My Bride doesn't know it yet, but part of the reason I'm setting up a work shop in the basement is to have a place for a small wood lathe, sander and drill press. Wood bobbers and cork handles are the objective. Too messy for my fly tying room.

There's also going to be an expanded and improved furled leader machine. I should be able to twist up leaders to 16' for Tenkara. I intend to have plenty to do this winter ;D

Rg

perch-hound

« Reply #28 on: Oct 23, 2014, 08:59 AM »
I can remember the local hardware store having a 10 gallon barrel full of bobbers,
a dollar for all the red/white bobbers you could possibly grab with one hand and hold onto!
Those were the days!  :'(

Mac Attack

« Reply #29 on: Oct 25, 2014, 09:12 PM »
I promised to post pics of my son's floats he's making.

These are before paint or anything.
They are for steelhead fishing..
More to come after the epoxy and paint.
Stay tuned.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.