FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Help with Humminbird 899 CI HD  (Read 1819 times)

gadgetman

Help with Humminbird 899 CI HD
« on: Oct 20, 2014, 07:14 AM »
I can't get the fish ID and fish alarm to work. I checked and it has the most current software. My kids and girlfriend like the regular sonar screen and the fish icons. I had another unit and used it this way and then would switch to the down imaging screen to verify what it really was. It kept everyone happy using it this way. Would appreciate any thoughts on this as I can't seem to figure it out. 
The worse day fishing is still better than the best day working!

darrenf442

Re: Help with Humminbird 899 CI HD
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2014, 09:33 AM »
Check to make sure sound is on. I know there is an option in the menu for it. check for volume to maybe.

gadgetman

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2014, 07:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Sound is on though.

stinkybaits

« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2014, 10:09 PM »
I can't get the fish ID and fish alarm to work. I checked and it has the most current software. My kids and girlfriend like the regular sonar screen and the fish icons. I had another unit and used it this way and then would switch to the down imaging screen to verify what it really was. It kept everyone happy using it this way. Would appreciate any thoughts on this as I can't seem to figure it out. 

I have the same unit with the same issue. I don't care because I never use it but the kids like it. There is an update coming out by the end of the month according to D&R Sports in Kalamazoo MI. 

gadgetman

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2014, 07:30 AM »
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.