FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: maxwells creek  (Read 13232 times)

big_guy_13021

maxwells creek
« on: Oct 23, 2014, 12:36 PM »
took a ride up to maxwells creek today..some fish in but not many.i seen 3 salmon and a brown..nothing in the rapids water very low need some rain for a better water flow

big_guy_13021

Re: maxwells creek
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2014, 01:16 AM »
Still no good.a few fish jumping around need water.that was yesterday morning..

steelie1975

« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2014, 11:51 PM »
I know that place is not a secret but why would you even mention it as it is already over populated with people, look at the views and no comments, that's just people trolling, should learn to keep that kind of info off the net, only shooting yourself in the foot.
 I can see it happening all the time, a young fellow finds the creek, has a great steelhead day post all over the net about it then bam lots more foot traffic than normal  and they wonder why they cant catch anything, Just saying

IMO
Steelieslayer

eyedoktr

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2014, 05:38 AM »
I know that place is not a secret but why would you even mention it as it is already over populated with people, look at the views and no comments, that's just people trolling, should learn to keep that kind of info off the net, only shooting yourself in the foot.
 I can see it happening all the time, a young fellow finds the creek, has a great steelhead day post all over the net about it then bam lots more foot traffic than normal  and they wonder why they cant catch anything, Just saying

IMO

Seeing as how there is no "Maxwells Creek" that I can find in NY state, I don't think this will be a problem.
Pete Lewis

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2014, 08:00 AM »
Seeing as how there is no "Maxwells Creek" that I can find in NY state, I don't think this will be a problem.
  :w00t:

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2014, 08:05 AM »

singular

http://nyfisherman.net/klock.html

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2014, 09:58 AM »
We know where it is , lol just messing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2014, 04:54 PM »
Shhhhhhhhhh!

The 25 or 30 thousand guys who know there's a creek named Maxwell want to keep it a secret.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2014, 05:32 AM »
Shhhhhhhhhh!
The 25 or 30 thousand guys who know there's a creek named Maxwell want to keep it a secret.
Rg

LOL and that was before the internet

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2014, 08:32 AM »

LOL and that was before the internet

And the State posting where it is.

lol

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2014, 11:33 AM »
I found it on Google maps. I'm going to catch all the fish

fishshack

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2014, 12:08 PM »
NYS is going to have to expand the parking lots.  :o

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2014, 06:08 PM »
I'm organizing a car pool from jersey and a travel bus from pa to come up.

On a serious note I was wondering if there is a way to get all the way to the lake from the parking area.  I was up a few years ago with my wife and could not find or way out there.  We tried several different paths and all were dead  ends.  If it is a secret you can pm me...   Most likely won't make it up this year unless we sell or house. 

Also is the trail wide enough to use a wagon or cart on.  The kids are starting to get near that age to be able to go but if I remember correctly it might be to long of walk for them.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2014, 09:35 PM »
I dont think there is any place for fishing that is a secret anymore..unless ur perch or crappie fishing out of a boat ..and even then its no secret..i been fishing maxwells creek for 27 years it was more crowded back then than it is now...there can be 50 guys in that creek and maybe a handful catch fish..and the other handful snag in the rapids...ive always caught fish up there...no matter how many people are there... ::)its no different than any other of the creeksbup there....

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2014, 07:55 AM »
I heard the state is relocating the NYS Thruway closer to the creek to provide better access for the masses.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.