FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Need help with a fish finder!!  (Read 2130 times)

bigjoesfishing

Need help with a fish finder!!
« on: Nov 09, 2014, 07:49 PM »
I bought a humming bird pirhana max 175 fish finder and I rigged it up good. I tryed it a few times last season but it doesn't detect fish only my jigs as fish!! Anyone know the settings I have to put it on?

eyedoktr

Re: Need help with a fish finder!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2014, 05:41 AM »
I bought a humming bird pirhana max 175 fish finder and I rigged it up good. I tryed it a few times last season but it doesn't detect fish only my jigs as fish!! Anyone know the settings I have to put it on?

Take it out of fish ID mode !!! That is the most useless addition ever put onto a depth finder. If you are able to see your jig, then you will mark fish if they are in the cone angle.
Pete Lewis

joefishmore

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2014, 08:07 AM »
You gotta go where there is fish.

Lifeguard

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2014, 09:23 AM »
If you are seeing your jig, then you will see fish.  It can't show you something that isn't there.  Remember, depending on the depth of water you're in, it could be a very small area that the finder is looking at.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2014, 01:35 PM »
I would google the internet for the users manual. I agree the fish ID mode on most finders sucks.  You will have to adjust the sensitivity to see what works best.  Most have an auto setting for sensitivity that works ok.
shut up and fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.