FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Problems with Rapalas  (Read 6640 times)

bcons

Problems with Rapalas
« on: Nov 12, 2014, 09:31 AM »
So I guess a couple others have heard of problems with the Rapala lures lately.  I did a google search and found some discussion of it years ago, but nothing recently.

Wondering if it's a bad batch or what.  Each of the 3 lures in the pics have caught 15-20 walleye, drum, or bullhead.
Then out of no where you cast and notice the lure won't dive.  The lips are gone.  2 of the 3 it looks like the entire lip just fell out.  1 there's actually a small broken piece of the lip still remaining, but not much of one.

Anyone else having similar problems?
These were purchased this summer

I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

OTIS

Re: Problems with Rapalas
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2014, 09:40 AM »
I have a couple with cracked lips, and two that have had this happen.  Based on past experience and the prices they get I expect them to be more durable.  I really don't use them nearly as much as I once did.  I shifted over to jigging.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:10 AM »
 :o :o :o the secret color is revealed!
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:15 AM »

:rotflol: :rotflol:    I was going to say the same about his post/picture  on the diehards thread...      ;D ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:22 AM »

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:38 AM »
I also had the same problem as Bcons. Had it happen twice to me. Both on lures I bought this fall. Also one of my go to colors :laugh:

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Slowly have been starting to get a descent box of sticks together. Couple yrs back left car unlocked with box of sticks in it. Came back to car after I went in the store and it was gone. Learned my mistake.

Not a big fan of the thundersticks...prefer the raps myself

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:50 AM »
It comes from slapping them on the water to get the weeds off...   Happens to me....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bcons

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2014, 11:05 AM »
It comes from slapping them on the water to get the weeds off...   Happens to me....

Except for me I haven't been slapping them on the water, the fish have been to close to my dock & don't want to scare them.
Also while it's happened to me before, it's been a rare occurrence, not like this  ??? ???
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

bcons

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2014, 11:08 AM »

Yeah I was really scared to post pictures this morning. My stress level was through the roof!  Letting people know black/silver & black/gold catch fish was nerve racking  ;D
Shhhh I also fish with most of those in Chief's Pic

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2014, 11:57 AM »
I like the challengers quite a bit myself. Much heavier and can cast them a good bit further. Good action as well. I'm not too afraid about letting others know what I'm throwing. Different every night depending on conditions and what they want my .02

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2014, 12:00 PM »
Inbox is full bacon grease

bcons

« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2014, 12:33 PM »

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2014, 07:10 PM »
It comes from slapping them on the water to get the weeds off...   Happens to me....
LOL  :laugh: I think we've all done that one before.  ;) Hate when that happens!!!
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

reeleyz

« Reply #14 on: Nov 13, 2014, 05:31 AM »
I use tsticks a lot chief and don't have these issues. I do smack them on the water too. I have a couple in my box that have caught well over 50 eyes a piece. I can only rememberer breaking 1 ever and I smacked it on a rock and broke it in half.

Bcons, I wonder if you called rapala if they would be helpful? This is some negative attention that I am sure they don't want.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.