FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stone Lake Today  (Read 865 times)

LundProv

Stone Lake Today
« on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:23 PM »
Had lots of little projects around the house today and with the temperature being more mild outside, all I could do was thinking about going fishing.  So, about 2 I gave in and hooked up the minny boat I bought at Fetla's years ago and off to Stone Lake in Laporte I went.  I had some minnows left from last weekend and launched with no problems - no ice in sight.  Electric motored over towards the lodge and set up in 26' of water directly out in front of the two sliding boards on the beach and played catch with 31 perch.  Surprisingly, 5 of them were a whisker over 9" but most were about 7-8" and all are back in Stone tonight.  It rained a bit here and there but just a great day to get out and leave all the chaos on shore for a while.  I have been fishing for many years and I think I am finally figuring out that one of the best feelings in the world is pushing off from shore and just drifting out.  Another great feeling is that little tap on the other end of the line.  Great time of the year to get out - just before ice - go enjoy and feel the glory of God out there... he is everywhere!

crappiehunter

Re: Stone Lake Today
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2014, 08:21 AM »
Cool stuff  bro, thanks for sharing sounds awesome. Glad to hear the perch are growing!! 
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.