FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Resi's Report  (Read 4948 times)

bigr

Resi's Report
« on: Dec 08, 2014, 05:38 AM »
Sally and missinnawa are at winter pool and giving up good numbers. Usual places on both lakes. Jig and bobbers 3 to 4 ft are what most are using. Most fish are running 9 to 11 inchies with a few bigger mixed in. Ice fishing will be good again this winter.

crappiehunter

Re: Resi's Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2014, 06:32 AM »
Sounds great!!!! keep on em
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2014, 07:30 AM »
crappiehunter - we were just talking about this on Saturday. Bigr is good with his reports. May have to make the trip.

BTW - nice meeting you.

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2014, 08:39 AM »
Resi's will be back down to winter pool by Friday and weather will better for us that get cold easily. I'll be on the missy on Friday morning.

crappiehunter

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2014, 05:54 PM »
Same to you Boomer we need to get our again soon! Hope those whitefish start showing up
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Do you fish the same places that you would in the spring?  I am on vacation next week, and with the weather forecast I know ice will not be an option. 

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2014, 03:27 PM »
Yes if your meaning just after ice off and before resi risies back to summer pool, red bridge area on missy and 105, pirates cove on sally. Next week and beyond does look good and water conditions are improving everyday. Good luck. 

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2014, 04:47 PM »
Thanks!

bigr

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2014, 08:43 AM »
Doesn't look like much ice making weather in the next 15 day forecast so resi's should stay fishable from boat or shore for awhile longer, at least thru the holidays.

Boomer

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2014, 02:14 PM »
Good news.

bherr24

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Fished missy saturday  afternoon, caught a few but it was slow for me compared to last weekend.   Went back Sunday and it was even worse. Only seen 1 other person fishing and  caught 1 fish on 2 bites.   I was fishing the dead end road across from red bridge launch, maybe i should have been on the other side as i seen quite a few over there on saturday. The weekend before the bite was very good. Don't know if i will go this weekend or not, still need to get a deer for the freezer and this weekend is my last opportunity.

Jig_Head

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2014, 05:42 AM »
I made the trip to Mississinewa for the 1st time about 5 weeks ago and did great on crappie! It was worth the trip. I went back again 2 weeks later and it was very slow

bigr

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:00 AM »
Jig Head, a slow bite on the resi's are sometimes very predictable. If you go to the crop of eng site and see what the water levels,discharge from dam along with 24 hr fluctuation of levels are. If theres alot of flow from dam and lake is dropping, bite will likely be slow. Also water clarity may be poor if we received alot of rain. This is only a small part of the equation i use to put odds in my favor. Example:Resi's was at winter pool and has been stable for a couple days,also clearing up each day, bite was improving and i would expect would get real good. Rain last night so I'll check corp site to see if any changes has accrued as yet, I'll check again tommorrow for changes. If not alot of changes i would expect a better bite. If it shows it is rising that likely means muddy water and high discharge soon to follow, bite will likely be off.   

Jig_Head

« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2014, 05:38 AM »
Thanks bigr, I'll check it out

INboat

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Planning to go give missy a try Saturday will be the first time up there.  Gonna try it from the bank.  Hopefully bite is back on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.