FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Derby ticket pricing change  (Read 2206 times)

MikeF-NH

Derby ticket pricing change
« on: Feb 13, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Just a heads up for those of you that fish the derby. If you go to the WinniDerby.com website and click for registration, you will see that the new registration form now has 3 different ticket options: 1.) salmon adult, 2.) salmon youth 3. trout mixed (meaning youth and adult together in the trout category). In short it seems that if you want to fish both trout and salmon species you will have to buy two 40 dollar tickets (assuming that is allowed). I'm sure this is being done because the cost of running the event is increasing and participation is decreasing. They do have an email address there to contact the derby organizers if you have questions or concerns. This is a new change so I'm sure they are learning how to administer this as they go and there will be questions from anglers on the new registration for the event. For many, this will become a salmon only event as they don't want to double the cost of the event. For some, it will be the final straw and they will simply not participate. Personally, I love the event and this will not change how I fish it....I just hope that participation doesn't drop to a point where the event is eventually cancelled because once cancelled...it doesn't come back. It might have been easier for many to consume the change if the reasoning for what is essentially a doubling of price for registration was explained....but as I said, they will be learning as they go with this change....have patience.

Smells Like Fish NH

Re: Derby ticket pricing change
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2015, 07:48 PM »
Hey Mike,
I think they just haven't clarified what it means.....

2 years ago if you guys recall my son was leading lakers for 2 days. They were NOT going to allow him to win the grand prize. Their justification was he is a "junior" and is only eligible for Daily prizes and Junior Salmon prizes, not the laker Grand Prize.

This now allows a Junior to Win either the Junior Salmon OR the Laker Grand prize, but just has to pay $10 more. Adults only need to purchase 1 of the $40 tickets, it says it "Adults only need one $40 ticket to enter - youth can enter either Salmon ($30) or Trout ($40)."

I hope that helps clarify....it really is just making any youth entry pay as much as an adult would pay if they won the laker division.

It should be labeled "Youth Mixed Trout" registration fee.

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:36 AM »
Just got an email from Diane the Derby chairwoman:

Scott - you are correct- i have pointed everything to the registration page which states that adults are only $40...I hope people read it.
Thanks for the email....and thanks for being a part of our event!!! See you i the spring - if it ever gets here...

Diane C LaBrie
Winni Derby Chairperson
The Winni Derby
NH's leading annual Landlocked Salmon and Lake Trout Derby
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

MikeF-NH

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2015, 01:42 PM »
thanks Scott. I have been in touch with Diane also because the way the registration page is written (and the ticket kiosk page), it isn't clear how to order and choose the ticket.

There is one remaining question though. It sounds like a youth can EITHER enter the youth salmon division for $30 OR enter the mixed trout for $40......does that mean that if I youth bought a $40 mixed trout, they can enter fish in BOTH mixed trout AND salmon or can they only compete for mixed trout.

I think I like what they are doing but the communication on the website leaves me wondering. I just want to know what it will cost to enter both myself and my son to complete for both salmon and lakers. It sounds like $70 will cover us both for both species.

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2015, 12:38 AM »
If its anything like it was in years past, again because I had to deal with her and the committee on a few items. The youth can enter fish in BOTH categories, but can only win 1 grand prize....so if he won youth salmon and Lake trout, he would only get 1 of the 2 top prizes, but I think he would still win the Daily prize for each.

Its never perfect, but I know they are trying to do the right things.

Hope you are well.

-Scott

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.