FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Who Remembers?  (Read 2775 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Who Remembers?
« on: Feb 15, 2015, 09:35 AM »
The old Genesee Beer fishing contest..   I had a few entered in it over the years....
    http://www.bpspinners.com/genesee.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

kc

Re: Who Remembers?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2015, 12:10 PM »
I can remember back in the day when a friend of mine's father won with a big trout one year. That had to have been back in late fifties or early sixties.

Gump

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2015, 01:52 PM »
I thought you were going to say:  "open water"  or "what your lawn looks like".  :(  I've had enough of this winter.  Just don't care much to ice fish anymore.

That said....My uncle won the pike division in '72 I believe with a 43" northern from Conesus Lake.   I used to enjoy reading the brochures as a kid and seeing what the previous year's winners were.

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2015, 02:01 PM »
I'm ready also Gump..
I wonder how the Hemlock Lake water tastes these days...  It makes the difference.... ;D ;D     ::) ::)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Bartman44

« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2015, 04:59 PM »
Yes sir

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Nice Bart....       :clapping:

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2015, 05:15 AM »
I've got to find my brochure. I made it in the listing in 1986 for a Pickerel. It would be fun to see the brewery bring it back. maybe we could start an e-mail campaign. 

smokemetallic

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2015, 08:27 AM »
How accurate are those records?  22lb  2oz walleye from the Seneca river?  And a rock bass an ounce shy of 5lbs?  Super cool either way, thanks for sharing.

smokemetallic

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2015, 08:39 AM »
So a quick bit of research reveals this article from the Phelps Country Editor, July 2, 1964. Wicked cool.

jeffro9023

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2015, 10:22 AM »
Where can I catch a crappie? Thanks in advance

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2015, 11:54 AM »
10LB SMALL MOUTH!!!!  :o

I know I saw that myself...
What about the 8lb brook trout...

Gump

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2015, 12:41 PM »
I'm ready also Gump..
I wonder how the Hemlock Lake water tastes these days...  It makes the difference.... grin grin     rolleyes rolleyes

The lake trout population is up so it tastes a bit fishy... ::)

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

Lunch_Box

• Fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2015, 08:42 PM »
That's pretty cool stuff there, I find it interesting the winning salmon out of lake ontario is 14 LB. 12oz. Caught with a snatch hook lol,  and the rainbow trout winner out of Seneca lake was over 19lbs.. Those were the days....I would love to see rainbows like that again in the finger lakes.
"livin the dream"
"when the float drops, the BS stops!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.