FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: There's Hope On The Horizon  (Read 5113 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: There's Hope On The Horizon
« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2015, 04:59 PM »
They were!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2015, 10:40 AM »
63 and sunny...nothin' like those first applweood smoked slab pig steaks. :P   ;D

"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2015, 05:40 PM »
You in Minysoda or South Carolina? I've been BBQ'in but there's still a lot of dirty snow around.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2015, 05:54 PM »
63 and sunny...nothin' like those first applweood smoked slab pig steaks. :P   ;D

Must be nice.............. :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2015, 06:37 PM »
77F tomorrow.  Ill post some more wally pics! :D

tomturkey

« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2015, 08:08 PM »

Not sure which bulbs they are, but they're in my little garden. I discovered them after a nice hour walk in the sunshine.

I put on a short sleeved shirt just to pretend ;D

Rg

All my daffys are buried under a foot or more of snow yet. The ones I have planted next to the basement would be 4 inches tall before the snow melted off of them from the heat from the basement. They do not do that since I have that house closed up for the winter.

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Been in the 60's for the past week....last of the snow is ALL gone, believe it or not. Just brown grass everywhere. People even out raking. 66 for today, 70 for tomorrow....Don't know what happened, it's March in Minnysoda....the month of heavy snows and cold. Don't even ask.  I'm just going with it.  ::)  'Tater salad, beans, and Juicy Lucy's hickory smoked on the grill  this afternoon.  8)

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2015, 09:32 AM »
I've NEVER, EVER seen this in March, which is usually when we get dumped on with huge snows....and never bare ground with dry grass. Making me kinda nervous. I better keep an eye on things....

Special Weather Statement
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LA CROSSE WI
854 AM CDT SUN MAR 15 2015

IAZ008-009-018-019-MNZ086-087-094-095-151700-
MITCHELL-HOWARD-FLOYD-CHICKASAW-DODGE-OLMSTED-MOWER-FILLMORE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF..ROCHESTER...AUSTIN
854 AM CDT SUN MAR 15 2015

...ELEVATED FIRE DANGER TODAY...

THE COMBINATION OF UNSEASONABLY WARM TEMPERATURES...LOW RELATIVE
HUMIDITY...GUSTY SOUTHWEST WINDS...AND DRY GRASSES WILL PRODUCE
AN ELEVATED FIRE DANGER LATER THIS MORNING AND THIS AFTERNOON.
AVOID ALL OUTDOOR BURNING TODAY.

IF A FIRE START IS SPOTTED...NOTIFY YOUR LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT
IMMEDIATELY.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2015, 12:54 PM »
Actually I planted all the bulbs last fall. I just don't remember what went where. There's Narcissis, Daffodls, tulips and Hyacinth. I think those might just be the Narcissis. We'll know in a couple of weeks.

Rg

rivereddy

« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2015, 08:08 PM »
So the yellow was part of the first leaves and not a blossom eh?  Probably from the snow - they should be fine.  my oops
on the missed ID.  When winter aconite first emerges the flower is tucked over like a little bell.  My old eyes and spring fever
got the better of me.....

What tree?

rivereddy

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Mar 16, 2015, 02:42 AM »
Yup, first leaves. They're pushing up all around my little garden now. That's the south face of the house so it gets pretty warm when the sun decides to come out.

Rg

tomturkey

« Reply #26 on: Mar 16, 2015, 08:32 AM »
When we bought our place in 1969 there were some huge neglected flower gardens. The boss woman said she would clean them up. LOL After a few years I dug the daffodils after they died down in the spring. I ended up with more than  a half a wheel barrow full of bulbs out of half of the garden.

I never got around to planting them until that Christmas afternoon. The boys and I spent all after noon after the boss woman went to work at the hospital planting. We ran out of room in the gardens so we put a 200 foot row on the edge of the ditch.

A couple years ago the son that now lives in the house dug them again in the garden. He ended up with about the same  amount as I did when I dug them 30 or so years before. The county had redone the road so he replanted that  bunch as well. Plus he sold a big bunch of them on ebay.

Around here you can tell where old homesteads used to be by the lilacs and irises that are still there from back around the depression in 1929.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #27 on: Mar 16, 2015, 09:48 AM »
77F tomorrow.  Ill post some more wally pics! :D

Told ya I would post- actually 79F-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.