FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: STEELHEAD!  (Read 8618 times)

FISHNIK

Re: STEELHEAD!
« Reply #45 on: Mar 28, 2015, 03:56 PM »
The Salmon river has nothing compaired to the Mighty lower Niagara river!

FN

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #46 on: Mar 28, 2015, 04:31 PM »
lot of fish on I personally wasn't  impressed  I felt  it was  to big  and  one needed to drift it ,I like a more personal  feel  when I fish ...... in all honesty I didn't hook up  anywhere  close to the salmon river  but it  could have been the day or the  fact I wasn't use to the water  .......  I want to  honestly  flyfish  in my waders  and  relax ..i didn't have that feeling  in the Niagara ,but that's me  and it is a  very good  river .........theres no place like  home .....theres no place like home
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

FISHNIK

« Reply #47 on: Mar 28, 2015, 11:07 PM »
Good point as to how you can fish the 2 rivers,but the steelhead are monsters in the lower Niagara.there is 1 drift you can flyfish in the Niagara,never done it myself but seen a thread sometime ago about a guy who caught a huge brown in that spot,don't know how he made out on steels,but we have drifted the run and hit steel quite often.I'm on Erie now and have some nice wadable h2o by me,I know what you mean.
      How have your numbers been since the so called crash a few years back?.I see the DEC is blaming the lower numbers on a vitiman deficincy,B or D not sure which,DEC is saying a lack of alewives and smelt could be the key like in Michigan.

FN

Tuna Meltdown

« Reply #48 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:39 PM »
3 of us just got back from the SR.  We went up from Thursday-Sunday.  We caught and released 2 fish each day we fished and lost many more and had lots of strikes.  We were new to float fishing so there was a little bit of a learning curve.  The highlight was my buddy Sean had never been on the river before, never caught a steelhead, and never used a centerpin before.  He caught a nice steelhead on his first drift at the first place we stopped.  I bought a Barts custom centerpin rod before I left and plan on getting a reel and learning how to use it before my next trip up.

chrony59

« Reply #49 on: Mar 30, 2015, 03:07 PM »
Nice pictures !! Awesome colors !!

KingPerch

« Reply #50 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:12 PM »
Way to go boys! Great looking fish! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #51 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:22 PM »
the smiles are bigger then the fish .... that's how  you judge the day  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: 9.9    9.5   9.9   10  !!!!!!!!!!  winners
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fin reaper

« Reply #52 on: Mar 31, 2015, 05:35 PM »
Had an awesome day at burt dam today caught 15 steelhead on a black jig tipped with a waxie and trout beads sun fire orange was the color today  ;D

kc

« Reply #53 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:25 PM »
we went 4 for 8 today. mostly small fish

kowboy

« Reply #54 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:29 PM »
KC one of your videos I posted

kc

« Reply #55 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:31 PM »
Yeah I saw it. Thank you. The fish are in trouble now. Chris is back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.