FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Michigan City  (Read 5788 times)

crappiehunter

Re: Michigan City
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:22 PM »
I was at MC today and the action was good. Probably saw 20 fish caught. I brought 3 home

Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

boondox

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:40 PM »
nice fish!  care to say what you got it on?

bherr24

« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:12 PM »
Nice. I am thinking about going tomorrow afternoon/evening unless conditions are not good. Strong north winds all day today, wondering how much ice it blew in and how dirty the water got.

izzy65

« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2015, 10:44 AM »
Nice going Mike.
Satchmo

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Nice silver fish.  Heard the other day the harbor was blocked off and full of ice and buddy trolled from harbor to bridge and knocked the snot out of the browns.
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

Boomer

« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Been thinking about taking the yak up this weekend.  If I were to troll, what type of lures would you recommend?  spoons - but smaller than I would for steelhead in the fall?  Crank baits? Spinners?  Should I keep the offerings small or should I go a little bit bigger?

This all depends on weather of course. Don't want to get swamped or frozen or both!

May just come up and throw a few baits from shore too.

MC_angler

« Reply #21 on: Mar 30, 2015, 09:55 AM »
Been thinking about taking the yak up this weekend.  If I were to troll, what type of lures would you recommend?  spoons - but smaller than I would for steelhead in the fall?  Crank baits? Spinners?  Should I keep the offerings small or should I go a little bit bigger?

This all depends on weather of course. Don't want to get swamped or frozen or both!

May just come up and throw a few baits from shore too.

I would focus on trolling body baits. Jointed rapalas in J-9 or J-11 are my go-to baits, and thin fins. Orange with black squiggle for the thin fins, and orange or black/gold for the jointed raps.

Shad raps, flicker shads, and similar baits also work well. I like bright colors like firetiger, or chrome/blue. If you are trolling 2 rods for the yak, I'd put one lure near the bottom and have another 4-6 feet down, to figure out what the fish like.

Slower is generally better, it's easy to paddle too fast!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.