FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Do you believe fish attractants work?  (Read 6428 times)

bailey63

Re: Do you believe fish attractants work?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2015, 07:58 AM »
Yes sir I firmly believe they work and one maker in the industry has 2 great products. I have used   Kishels fish scent regularly for the last few yrs and done a few things that proves it works to me . Like perch fishing with others on the boat and catching 3 times as many as the others with me. The other product they've made is sludge hammer it's a granulated chum /attractant and wow does it draw fish . It was killer on the ice and as soon as open water season arrives I can't wait top try it off the boat . I'm sold on it, everyone has their preferred scent that works for them but I tried many till I found my #1go to and Kishels  is it . I won't even get started on the deer attractants because it's a fishing site lol they make money off me I know that .
Fishing WNY on "facebook"
22' Islander "H"EYE STRUNG
Fishing is more than what I do it's who I am!!

Captain1978

« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2015, 08:35 AM »
I cooked up a good Walleye sauce for sure. I didn't catch any Bass on it. But it was cold and they weren't there. Yes, I'm going to go with that......I have to figure out a Pike sauce...... As I mentioned my sauce on my swimbaits stays on very well...It's a little sticky... And I use the word sauce because that's what it is, it's not a spray......., This is why  I keep them in packaged bags.  I have never purchased any store attractants. Do they make your whole tackle box smell????   I'm assuming the sprays wash off eventually in the water....But what about " saucier" attractants??? If there even are any....You know like the kind that is on rubber worms.. It has to make a mess in tackle boxes as well.
El Capitano

pikechaser

• let em run
« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:48 AM »
hey capt you try that thru the ice ?

filetandrelease

« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:34 AM »
I believe on some fish It helps , I noticed through the ice it does make a difference on some species  at least it makes me more confident , and that is what it's all about

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:44 AM »
I'm trying the Gulp Alive minnows for the first time this season. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they perform compared to stick baits while trolling.

gulp live  products work!  you can but the liquid to  reapply too

I think  bait fishing and  jigging attractants  can work! crank and buzz baits I don't think so .....catfish like stinkbait ,just saying
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Captain1978

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:47 AM »
hey capt you try that thru the ice ?
Yeah. I don't put it in every hole cuz my old mind forgets, but I put it in a few. Hard to tell if it works. Had a really good ice season. Big fish. A lot of fish. 2x I got skunked. The other time my wife caught the only fish. A 12" Walleye. And the other 1x only fish was that giant Pike I caught....So all in all who the heck knows!!!!
El Capitano

Captain1978

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:51 AM »

I think  bait fishing and  jigging attractants  can work! crank and buzz baits I don't think so .....catfish like stinkbait ,just saying

I am a firm believer in worms or tubes impregnated with the salt. And the worms with that gooey tasty stuff. It definitely makes the fish hold on to it for longer....As far as swim baits crank baits, and sitck baits I'm just thinking if anything when a fish sees a lure, the color,  the action, and then maybe gets a smell it may just be that final trigger to make them bite....
El Capitano

trapper2000

« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:55 AM »
you got a point capt ....and hey it don't hurt anyways

Old Timer

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:38 AM »
I was a big Gulp guy but after being whomped too many times it is now Trigger X for me. For largemouth it's something else.. Garlic Spike-it in chartreuse. Just dip the very end or a plastic worm in it or the tips of the claws on a crawfish bait.. Amazing....
As Trapper says, it is all a confidence thing....

Nomis

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2015, 01:38 PM »

I started carrying a bottle of the gulp marinade with me on the ice. I don't remember what flavor it is, but it smells like someone threw a full diaper into a pile of burning garbage. The lakers love it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Figures Lakers would love that ::)

I became a Gulp fan last year. Ran out of worms fishing with my Grandson and remembered I had some gulp red worms and maggots in the hold. They worked great and saved the day. Then I started using the small minnows on crappies. Awesome!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2015, 05:30 PM »
they work

FISHNIK

« Reply #27 on: Mar 28, 2015, 03:52 PM »
I seem to get more action with my flies by using anis oil,inland trout streams mostly.

FN

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2015, 11:06 AM »
yes, it helps sometimes.

super glue - of all things - has been a very good attractant at times for me for bass and panfish for many years now.  

when it comes to fish like carp, catfish and saltwater species, smell makes ALL the difference.  

hunters08

« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2015, 10:47 PM »
I cooked up a good Walleye sauce for sure. I didn't catch any Bass on it. But it was cold and they weren't there. Yes, I'm going to go with that......I have to figure out a Pike sauce...... As I mentioned my sauce on my swimbaits stays on very well...It's a little sticky... And I use the word sauce because that's what it is, it's not a spray......., This is why  I keep them in packaged bags.  I have never purchased any store attractants. Do they make your whole tackle box smell????   I'm assuming the sprays wash off eventually in the water....But what about " saucier" attractants??? If there even are any....You know like the kind that is on rubber worms.. It has to make a mess in tackle boxes as well.
Smelly Jelly its like paste.....Works great lots of flavors
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.