FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: snowy range travel plan  (Read 5352 times)

icefishing J

snowy range travel plan
« on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:25 PM »
don't know if this is the right place, just trying to get the word out.
the Forest service is planning to close a lot of roads and trails
in the snowy range. they opened the public comment period a week ago
and it ends 4/16. THAY ARE NOT HOLDING ANY PLUBIC MEETING.
so if you fish or hunt in the snowy range check out . west snowy
range travel plan and make your comments know. I hope that
they were not trying to snick these changes by us with out are
comment and input

hump

Re: snowy range travel plan
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2015, 10:06 PM »
do you have an actual link to this information?

icefishing J

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:04 PM »
i had to google snowy range travel plan. find the one tha is for
2015 that take you to a page where you can look at the maps
and list by road closers. hey hid it well. the link  the link is
also on bigfoot99.3 facebook page. that is the radio station
in saratoga

icefishing J

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:50 PM »

mobilerat

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2015, 01:18 PM »
It seems clear they are trying to keep this quiet so they can do as they please closures of lots of miles of roads. I will be commenting let our voices be heard!!

lonigan

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2015, 01:20 PM »
The radio station also spoke with the district ranger about this on the thursday broadcast. Here's a link if anyone wants a listen, it's the one for the 26th and is the 1st topic. There's also an interesting item on the renowned aspen alley in that same session, seems the land owners donated the property to the salvation army.

http://bigfoot99.com/bigfoot-news/

I also have a link for the comment form if anyone wants it.

tim

rrt444

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2015, 11:37 PM »
Is it just the snowys or all of medicine bow?

lonigan

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2015, 12:57 PM »
West side

fish4lunch

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Both the Brush Creek and Laramie forrest districts have been systematicall taking our "public" lands away with little or nothing we can do about it.  We call them "PINE NAZIS!"
The Nat'l Forests claim is that there are no funds (blame it on congress) to maintain these roads. Or to monitor their safety to the public (beetle kill).
Bottom line . . . IT SUCKS!  I know a lot of outdoors enthusiests and they all agree that the more restrictions they impose . . . the more outlaws they will create.
ATV enthusiests (me & mine) should be gleeful with at least part of these changes because a lot of the trails affected will be converted to ATV only. No SUV's like Jeep, pick-ups, etc.
Short of contacting your local or national congressperson(s), there's litrtle we can do.  The PINE NAZIS do whatever they want.

BuzzH

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 11:30 PM »
That lost post is a bit irresponsible.

As someone who has been commenting on forest travel plans, GF issues, etc. for a long time, it really bothers me to read rhetoric like that.

There is no travel plan, no GF regulation, no policy of any kind that anyone is going to get 100% of what they want. I can also assure you that not everyone will be happy.

That is the basic definition of compromise...you have to feel some pain to get some gain, even more true when it comes to public lands policy. There are mandates like the Multiple Use Sustained Yield Act, that are very clear, that ALL uses of the public trust will be given equal consideration. Because your particular ox may be getting gored, doesn't mean that your comments weren't heard or that the agencies "do what they want". What you view as a lose, is a gain to someone else...and vice-versa.

Also, there is a major misconception that multiple use means "do whatever I want"...that's not the definition or intent of the multiple use concept. Its flat impossible to equally consider all uses of the public domain without having conflicting uses/users. I've never understood why an ATV rider thinks they have the "right" to ride anywhere they want and disregard the "rights" of those that want to ride horses or hike? Your rights end, where they infringe on others.

Same can be said for a hiker, walking down a legal ATV trail,  being upset because an ATV passes them, that has the legal right to be there.

What we all have to do is stay engaged with the agencies, legislature, etc. Attend public meetings, make your voice heard. Just realize that you're not ever going to get 100% of your way, and that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. With many conflicting user groups, various mandates, policies, etc. its just not designed for one user group and their agenda to trump the rest.

I can assure you, when you resort to calling people and agencies names....you're done and nobody takes your comments or you seriously.

GFIceMan

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 03:02 PM »
That lost post is a bit irresponsible.

As someone who has been commenting on forest travel plans, GF issues, etc. for a long time, it really bothers me to read rhetoric like that.

There is no travel plan, no GF regulation, no policy of any kind that anyone is going to get 100% of what they want. I can also assure you that not everyone will be happy.

That is the basic definition of compromise...you have to feel some pain to get some gain, even more true when it comes to public lands policy. There are mandates like the Multiple Use Sustained Yield Act, that are very clear, that ALL uses of the public trust will be given equal consideration. Because your particular ox may be getting gored, doesn't mean that your comments weren't heard or that the agencies "do what they want". What you view as a lose, is a gain to someone else...and vice-versa.

Also, there is a major misconception that multiple use means "do whatever I want"...that's not the definition or intent of the multiple use concept. Its flat impossible to equally consider all uses of the public domain without having conflicting uses/users. I've never understood why an ATV rider thinks they have the "right" to ride anywhere they want and disregard the "rights" of those that want to ride horses or hike? Your rights end, where they infringe on others.

Same can be said for a hiker, walking down a legal ATV trail,  being upset because an ATV passes them, that has the legal right to be there.

What we all have to do is stay engaged with the agencies, legislature, etc. Attend public meetings, make your voice heard. Just realize that you're not ever going to get 100% of your way, and that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. With many conflicting user groups, various mandates, policies, etc. its just not designed for one user group and their agenda to trump the rest.

I can assure you, when you resort to calling people and agencies names....you're done and nobody takes your comments or you seriously.

BuzzH nailed it!!!!!!        :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

lonigan

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 12:33 PM »
Here's the latest

"The U.S. Forest Service is developing an alternative for the West Side Snowy Range Travel Management project. The new plan will come from the initial Forest Service proposed action and more than 250 public comments about the proposal.

It will be released later this summer, allowing for more public comments. The second comment period was added in response to broad public interest.

The travel management plan addresses road closures and usages on the west side of the Snowy Range"

http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/forest-service-considers-alternate-snowy-range-plan/article_e1d324b2-024e-5d23-adb0-a9dad2720d07.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.