FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Repala's Shadow Raps  (Read 4777 times)

IFF

New Repala's Shadow Raps
« on: Mar 27, 2015, 09:55 AM »
Did you find room in your tackle box for the "Bud" color ? ::)  Guess I will have to try one seeings they named one after me
*¿*  Bud

NJChris

Re: New Repala's Shadow Raps
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:20 PM »
For a second I thought you meant a red/white color combo like Budweiser......
In all seriousness, I haven't brought any shadow raps yet but I've been wondering if people have been having success using them. I'll probably pick up one or two next week when I start open water fishing.

Captain1978

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2015, 11:38 PM »
I have gotten one in each color available...Deep and shallow diving...Haven't used them yet. Hopefully I will get to use them Sunday....I will report back....
El Capitano

Captain1978

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:47 AM »
Looking at the river cam.....Not going to happen this weekend... Maybe next weekend
El Capitano

IFF

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:35 AM »
Taking my boat out in about an hour  :P :P
*¿*  Bud

Perchbait

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2015, 01:05 PM »
It sounds like a cool idea and it sounds like it has a killer action!
perch bait on IS, if you couldn't figure that out on your own. ;)

Captain1978

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2015, 01:31 PM »
It sounds like a cool idea and it sounds like it has a killer action!

I'm hoping so. I've gotten quite a few different looking/action lures for the open water season....Hopefully I'll get to try them out THIS weekend.....
El Capitano

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:47 AM »
I'm gonna try mine Friday. I'm a big jerk bait fan and the 180 degree twitch and slow sink has my attention. Cold water here I come!

jibbs

« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2015, 11:34 AM »
they look nice...the livingstons are nice too but expensive...I prefer to crank or throw chatterbaits early on...jerkbait fishing is not my favorite...I purchased a few underspins for the coldwater this spring...I love how casey Ashley paired it up with the zoom fluke junior
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Captain1978

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2015, 12:36 PM »
I'm gonna try mine Friday. I'm a big jerk bait fan and the 180 degree twitch and slow sink has my attention. Cold water here I come!

Same here. I just hope the 180 degree turn doesn't cause the line and hooks to get tangled.
El Capitano

Walnut109

« Reply #10 on: Apr 09, 2015, 06:56 AM »
I fish emerging milfoil beds quite a bit.  In theory this lure should produce fish, especially on sunny days when the fish are silhouetting their prey.  I will certainly add one to my fishing box.

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2015, 10:34 AM »
I tried mine on Easter in a small clear pond, just to watch it. I couldn't get it to turn 180, but I was fishing from the bank. I did like everything else about it though. Casts real good for a 3/8 oz bait. I'm sure it will produce. First bass tournament of the year next week, so we'll see then.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

slipperybob

« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 AM »
From using other jerk baits on a stiff rod, the right twitch, and the right amount of slack after the twitch.  It's not a true 180, maybe more like 120-150.  Well as long as it's more than 90, it basically accomplishes the effect needed.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

NJChris

« Reply #13 on: Apr 10, 2015, 07:49 PM »
Finally found enough open water to play with the shadow raps today. They cast really good, and it "feels right" in my opinion. It is a little tricky to get them to full on turn 180 degrees, but I got it to do so sometimes. Generally about 120-150 degrees was what I was getting it do, like the last guy said. Didn't catch any today on the shadow raps, but I only got one dink on a jig so it was tough fishing to say the least. The only thing I noticed is that on bad casts you can get the middle treble to catch the other ones (like every other lure with three trebles) so I'll probably downsize that one a size since I rarely ever catch anything on the middle hook anyway. I think in a week or two the fishing should kick off good so I'll report back if I can get anything to hit on the shadow raps.

jeffro9023

« Reply #14 on: Apr 13, 2015, 07:28 PM »
When I saw "bud" colors I was thinking a nice emerald green with a shimmering crystaline sheen appearance with splashes of yellows and reds  :D
Where can I catch a crappie? Thanks in advance

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.