FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Troy dam  (Read 1574 times)

Izayah12

Troy dam
« on: Mar 27, 2015, 05:39 PM »
Anyone fish the troy dam this time of year? Last year i was down there just as the ice melted and i watched a guy catch 3 pike and a carp

Bartman44

Re: Troy dam
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2015, 05:54 AM »
I've fished it after ice out and caught a few but always during mild years where you can actually target pike and walleyes before their season closes on 3/15.  Not this year, it was locked up pretty good until last week so I won't be down there until striper season.   

Captain1978

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:02 AM »
I don' really fish the Troy Dam but once it opens up and is fishable try it out. I don't know the structure but it may hold some Bass. My guess would be smallies if it's rocky. You can use lures and fish for Bass C&R all year.
El Capitano

Reel Force

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2015, 01:10 PM »
I don' really fish the Troy Dam but once it opens up and is fishable try it out. I don't know the structure but it may hold some Bass. My guess would be smallies if it's rocky. You can use lures and fish for Bass C&R all year.

Capt. ya can't C&R them during the closed season - Dec.1 through the Friday proceeding the 3rd Saturday in June. From the Troy dam downstream.

Captain1978

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:28 PM »
Capt. ya can't C&R them during the closed season - Dec.1 through the Friday proceeding the 3rd Saturday in June. From the Troy dam downstream.

Wow at first I was like which part of this law don't you understand? Then I looked up Hudson river rules and regs and realized I am the idiot. I apologize for giving wrong information.... I don't fish the Hudson like I said but still. I'd feel horrible for someone getting in trouble for my stupidty...... I am a rulebook reader too. I don't know how I looked past that. Like I said  I rarely fish the Hudson. Is this a new rule or is it been? And what is the reasoning for this ? Being that Bass don't get taken from these waters as far as my knowledge.... Even if it was legal I'd pass...LOL.... Ok just read some more....... I am not in tune with the laws of the Hudson.... You can now eat the Bass.... I thought it was just Rock Bass and Perch.... And the Saltwater fish that migrate....... Again I do not fish the Hudson but YUCK YUCK YUCK...I know it's cleaner than it oncve was but No Thanks!!!
El Capitano

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.