FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Musselshell River  (Read 2471 times)

Fishman Teters

Musselshell River
« on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:24 AM »
I was out by Roundup the 27th, and the river looked phenomenal. Amazing looking cat water to say the least.  I am curious though as to access...do the high water access laws apply? Can I access at a bridge? Better yet, are there any property owners that grant permission if asked? Surely I can go knock on some doors, but driving 175 miles one way to fish means I need a good game plan. I am impressed by
this little gem, as it reminds me of my stomping grounds in North Dakota, as a child. I would love to get my daughter and my pregnant wife out there, to show them a true catfish experience....
I'm gonna miss her...look at there...I got a bite

Fishman Teters

Re: Musselshell River
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:40 AM »
Not trying to encroach or take over a hole. I just love fishing and this river is amazing.

Wapiti Warrior

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:03 AM »
You should be able to access the river via a bridge, or stop and ask a landowner.

John

Fishman Teters

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:15 AM »
Kinda figured. Thanks man.

YETI_MILK

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:30 AM »
 I wuldnt try to encroach on anuther mans hole either but I would like to kno info about the fishing on the mnussleshell river near rounduop as well. are they big cats in there? do high waters laws apply? can you get access if you ask someone?

OTTOCAR

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Just my 2 cents worth..  try stopping in lets say Roundup, or any other little town on the river and ask locals at the gas station, bar, visitor center, for example, or get on the phone and call one of those places, just for some friendly advice. Most people over there would be glad to give you some info your looking for.

Fishman Teters

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:47 AM »
I could, as I said myself, just ask around. I could drive around, and meet people. And I will as that's the way I was taught. I was hoping to get some better info before driving 175 miles one way. I could just be a law abiding citizen, stay between high water marks, and say the river is mine...just doing as I please. But I'm not. I'm asking for information first. I'm being respectful and courteous. 

TJet Apprentice45

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:10 AM »
The high water marks are all a go to get on the river around Roundup, the farther downstream you go towards Mosby the better the fishing gets.  Depending on where you're coming from you can get on the river in several spots around Melstone & Mosby then all over when it gets into the breaks before it dumps into Peck.  The closere you get to peck you'll get into the smallies, pike, eye's and Sauger that have all made their way up the river at some point.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Fishman Teters

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:13 PM »
The high water marks are all a go to get on the river around Roundup, the farther downstream you go towards Mosby the better the fishing gets.  Depending on where you're coming from you can get on the river in several spots around Melstone & Mosby then all over when it gets into the breaks before it dumps into Peck.  The closere you get to peck you'll get into the smallies, pike, eye's and Sauger that have all made their way up the river at some point.
Thank you for the information. It is appreciated.

MTviking

« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2015, 12:57 PM »
also check out montanacats.com message board for more info on cat fishing the Musselshell.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.