MFF US Midwest > Michigan
WHAT'S YOUR SOFT WATER PREP?
(1/2) > >>
pastaboy:
Clean up my boat, touch up paint on boat and trailer as needed. Pack wheel bearings and check lights. Prep and start motor, don't like "issues" on the water. Go through tackle boxes and spool poles. Load gear and say a prayer for a safe and productive soft water season. Watch the weather and hit the water just as soon as soon as it breaks. Can't wait, my backside is ready for a soft boat seat after a long season of sittin' on a bucket!  :whistling:
3300:
*getting into tying fly's. the fly i like is gone, so i have to make them now. it will be a blast and can make plenty of them and other types soon. just bought a boat load of tying equipment and materials from sponsor cabelas with my daughter in grandville and i just placed another order at netcraft.
i like the black foam spider with chartreuse legs. i will be able to mix it up in many ways now.

*got new boat tags, but still have to unbury the boat and organize the garage. too many things in it to get the boat out.

*have to get a new fishing license!

*bought tons of new charlie brewers crappie sliders (half length) and trout magnets in all 3 colors.

*get ice fishing gear put back into the basement and sealed in litter buckets (small enough items) to keep mice out.

*check in on this board more often.

heres some new fly's i want to use and start making also

these dragon fly's look like fun to me!

rp dog:
Checked my line on rods, looked the boat over pretty well did bottom end and serviced it when i put it away last year checked all batteries for charge. I guess the best part is my son built a new barn so i was able to store it at his place. Hope to find out soon!!!
rgfixit:
I've never seen a fly with a price tag on it ;D

I'm way past ready. All the reels have been disassembled and cleaned. I'll re-spool as necessary. Boats in the garage, battery charged, vacuumed out and tightened up. Trailer is ready. Tires up to pressure, wheels greased. Lower unit oil changed, motor greased............IM READY!

Rg
boondox:
these are what i do first not necessarily in this order.

1)  fishing licences
2)  check all the line and leaders and replace as necessary.
3)  string them up with the line and get ready for the date... 
4)  go threw flash lights check batteries
5)  check the mantel and bring extra mantels for the lanterns if night fishing.. 
6)depending on area fished and species sought i get the tackle and baits ready.. like lures, hook, gulp, etc... for crappie usually do this in the off season when i first get off the ice...   

boat
1) i charge the batteries
2)grease and pack the bearings
3) i wait till warm weather to start my motor prevent frozen  cooling propeller for the motor cooling or for frozen passage ways for the cooling...  if the night are still dipping i wait..
4 plate tabs but not lately since it a life time trailer plate.
5)sticker for the boat make sure their current..   

@3300 try fishusa.com they got some great fly tieing stuff too so does www.hookhack.com at a good discount.if looking for bulk hooks try captain hooks discount hook ware house if you need it you can search it in google...  they give another discount on volume also try hagensfish.com they sell bulk hook and supplies and have bulk prices also have one nice vice hagens sell just a head up if you have not bought a vise yet.. any ways do start tying and ask lots of question  as you go...   

also for chenille try grandpa bobs..

http://www.grandpabobscustomjigs.com/index.php?p=404
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version