FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HOW WAS YOUR SOT WATER SEASON LAST YEAR?  (Read 1721 times)

pastaboy

• Bites don't feed the bulldog!
HOW WAS YOUR SOT WATER SEASON LAST YEAR?
« on: Mar 29, 2015, 03:56 PM »
Mine was a litle slow to start. When the weather finally warmed up so did the fishin'. Ended up slow too. Seemed to be nice all week and cool and windy on the weekends making for some slow fishing on the lakes I venture too. Can't wait to get the old boat out, soak in some sun, drink a few brews and help some fish skip "school" and come to "dinner".... I hope your season is safe and may your live wells be full!  :flex:
Lord, bless us all with your plentiful bounty which you have provided for us and keep us all safe during our journey. Amen.

• I'd rather be fishing!
Re: HOW WAS YOUR SOT WATER SEASON LAST YEAR?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2015, 05:22 PM »
never found my boat and never went fishing after ice out last year.
plan on fixing that problem this time around.
too busy working.

rp dog

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:18 PM »
I had a good year on open water really only target gills. Did catch a few accidental smallies kind of a nice surprise and a lot of fun on steelhead rods . Did manage a few walleyes out of maumee. And did take home one steely to smoke. About as good a year as i could hope for.

SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2015, 09:24 AM »
I tried to get my Grandson a pike last summer. No luck, but he and I got some gills, slabs and bass. Getting ready to stay warm outside.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!

smeltbuster

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:37 PM »
For my season, last year, see the Gull lake 2014 thread that is on here. Soon to be Gull lake 2015  ;D.
Yes I am here, but I would rather be on the Kenai river,fishing for reds!

Mondo

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2015, 09:08 AM »
Great. Many limits with Pop on gills.

tomturkey

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2015, 10:18 AM »
I let the fish rest last summer. After the huge fish kill we had I figured we needed to leave what were still swimming alone. I cleaned up way over 200 lbs. of fish off of 200 feet of shore line in one of our parks. I bagged up a few 15 inch pre spawn perch that were over 5 1/2 inches deep in the belly. I knew we had some big rock bass but not that many. Every one was saying they were finding dead specks when actually they were rockies that  looked like specks after the scales had fallen off

You bass guys would have cried over all the 5+ lb. bass I bagged to be buried. One bass geek on the lake actually sold his place and moved on because of the bass kill.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.