FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Catskills today  (Read 1798 times)

Gino@Rondout

Catskills today
« on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:00 PM »
So decided to make a little road trip today with my dad. Drove out past Rondout and Neversink on the way to the Willowemoc. Rondout is completely frozen except for a few open spots near the mouths of Rondout and Chestnut, but shore fishing would be extremely limited. Trout Creek is frozen. Neversink is also completely frozen.
 Fished about 2 hours in the no-kill section on the Willowemoc with spinners without a bite, moved down to the Beaverkill for an hour, no luck there either. There were quite a few fly fisherman, but nobody was getting anything. Went to check my boat on Pepacton, the whole reservoir is frozen, even near the mouths of the tribs, including the upper end. Ashokan upper basin is completely frozen, and there is only a smidge of open water directly below the weir, no doubt it'll be shoulder to shoulder opening day, but it will be extremely limited at best. The Esopus is looking in great shape, and it looks like that is where I'm heading opening day. Probably drift some nightcrawlers and see what I can get, ya never know, maybe a nice bow? I'll let you guys know, hopefully I'll have some pics to post. Good luck to all of you this season!

Bluejeep00

• Kayak Angler
Re: Catskills today
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Hey Gino, I'm on the Pepacton and as of opening day the west end is all open water and the east end is starting to break up more and more everyday. good luck to you!!
Pepacton Kayak Angler

loustru

Re: Catskills today
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Anybody have info on Rio Res.? I might hit it this sat. 4/29. It's an easy ride for me from north Jersey and I have had some success there in the past with Brown trout. I usually fish the dam area. Any intel would be appreciated. Lou

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.