FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cabela's DepthMaster III/Depthmaster Trolling Combo  (Read 2564 times)

Perchbait

Cabela's DepthMaster III/Depthmaster Trolling Combo
« on: Mar 31, 2015, 12:55 PM »
My Dad and I have recently purchased some "Deeper Divers" from Walker Downrigger Company and will be looking for a rod that can handle the big ones and has a line counter. Has anyone tried out the Cabela's DepthMaster III/Depthmaster Trolling Combo?
If you have any other recommendations for trolling rods, please leave a post below. Thanks and tight lines for the rest of the ice season and the beginning of the open water season.
perch bait on IS, if you couldn't figure that out on your own. ;)

boondox

Re: Cabela's DepthMaster III/Depthmaster Trolling Combo
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2015, 02:35 PM »
are you looking for cheap or good but cheap for cheap rod i say the shimano tdr and the daiwa accudepth... if your around one stop in a gander mountain they got there new angler series rods which are not that bad...  by bad i thinking green tip okuma's to soft of a action and felt like fiber glass 80's rods ... the first two rod i said are carried by fish usa see link below...   

http://www.fishusa.com/Trolling-Rods

if i was going to get a cabelas rod and maybe a penn 209lc combo $90 these reel are great reels the rod are o.k...... there brand reels  as far as i know are no that good reel wise... here is al ink to them.....

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/Trolling-Gear/Trolling-Combos%7C/pc/104794380/c/104784480/sc/104653080/Pennreg-209LCCabelas-DepthMasterreg-Trolling-Combo/751543.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ftrolling-combos%2F_%2FN-1100562%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104653080%3FWTz_l%3Dundefined%253Bcat104784480&WTz_l=undefined%3Bcat104784480%3Bcat104653080

Perchbait

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2015, 02:58 PM »
What weight rods would you recommend for divers?
perch bait on IS, if you couldn't figure that out on your own. ;)

Nomis

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2015, 03:30 PM »
I bought a couple Depthmaster II rods last year. One of my lures got snagged on the bottom and the rod snapped. I personally wouldn't buy another one.

boondox

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2015, 06:17 PM »
dipsey divers? or jet divers?? or  etc..etc ... depends on the size used i for salmon steel head fishing like heavy...  for walleye you may like medium - medium heavy  the small dipsey diver and jet divers can be used on light rods .... like medium and dive like 10-50 foot on average  the bigger ones can go 30 to about 75-80 foot down....

this all depends on how many feet back you run them... to like at 140 back the 124 mm deeper diver will run approx 60 foot down on setting #0.. we use a roller guide wire line rod and 6 foot 6 inch  a 10 foot 6 inch dipsey action rod the 6 foot 6 inch goes inside the 10 foot 6 inch... the  lead core rods and planer boards  are on the out side of these and down rigger on the inside of these...   

we run fire line on ours like 30 -50 #  power pro or fire line or sufix 832  the thinner line helps the diver dig in better then using mono of a bigger size like 30-50#... pick up the books form precision  trolling mark romanack's  and dr . steven holt  in the big water editio ntroller bible they may sell a sticker version of this you can search it all on google...

by the way i am from michigan so the rules vary form state to state so we can run 3 rod per person and as many people as we can fit on a boat safely so keep it in mind when i say spread we give the fish a spread of lure fro multiple rods with multiple lure on each rod sliders etc so what maybe legal here may not be there...so look in to it before you use it.... 

@nomis that would be why i said there o.k. like any sport the more you pay the better you get...

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:50 PM »
pm sent about a rod they also got it in a 10 foot 6 inch to that i  just noticed...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.