MFF US Midwest > Michigan
DO YOU FISH ALONE IN SUMMER?
(1/2) > >>
pastaboy:
I have a permanent date with my oldest Daughter EVERY Fathers Day, after that it's about 50/50. I like to share the experience, especially for those that don't have a boat and have a couple of bud's that go with me quite often. I do like to sneak a weekday once in a while and just go by myself and clear my head. Don't have a radio in my boat and don't want one, I enjoy the peace and quiet.
boondox:
50/50 like you half the time i fish with a buddy the other half i fish alone...  ya i don't like the radio either they kill the mood   it is noise pollution for us fishermen  but each has there own idea of it now a tiger , wings,or even  the lions game on the radio on the water is always good ... but blaring rock and roll just is not what fishing is meant to be a low volume ball game brings people and rock chases them away.... what i have always noticed.... but back on topic fishing with family is always first before the buddies... they ask you got to go...  and alone is a dead last....   
3300:
used to fish every day almost for 10 hour days/nights with my 82 year young fishing buddy until he passed. then i quit fishing for 2 years.we fished for 19 years like that.
 now i fish alone, mostly.
could get my daughter when she was small to go and the wife. the wife says she wants to start going again.
i take a 84 year young buddy some times. he cane pole fishes and sorta ruins the fishing doing that. he can't cast.
i give all of my fish away.
SKIFFLAKEJIMMY:
I also fished with my dad. We hit Lake Erie every summer. He passed away in 99. I still fish inland lakes with my wife and family and buddies, but I haven't been on Erie since the man that taught me to fish, died. :(
mmb:
I haven't been fishing alone in 5+ years after my son got interested.  He's 11 so I've a few more years of at least one fishing buddy along.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version