FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: show us your rig!  (Read 29415 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: show us your rig!
« Reply #90 on: Jun 10, 2016, 07:18 AM »
 ;DI love this thread.  Great stuff guys!  I would love to have a couple of these boats in addition to mine  ;D

boondox

« Reply #91 on: Jun 10, 2016, 10:58 AM »
;DI love this thread.  Great stuff guys!  I would love to have a couple of these boats in addition to mine  ;D

that and you get to see how people have them rigged up...love that part my self always new ideas cause pictures are worth a thousand words...

boondox

« Reply #92 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Pictures of my current pier cart set up.. made from a harbor freight hand truck $30 still got to get a bag or make a polycarbonate or metal box that fits in the milk crate so nothing fall threw holes..
Still have to paint it .. still have to add line spool holders and tool carabiner clips to attach and detach tools quickly.. still lots to do be for open water gets here..  I am thinking spring/mother nature/soft water season..  will be here early this year??

Side back view

Back  view

Rod locker

Front lower cart can see magnet tool holder I got at harbor freight as a frebie and picture of my rod holders in milk crate and how crate attaches to hand truck..

Upper front view..

UglyStik

« Reply #93 on: Mar 16, 2018, 03:40 PM »
Smart Cart

taxid

« Reply #94 on: Mar 16, 2018, 07:17 PM »
Sorry if I already posted but all the photobucket blank photos makes it really tough!

Sorry about the blurriness but the camera was on it's way out.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

UglyStik

« Reply #95 on: Mar 16, 2018, 08:10 PM »
8 is great!

Mac Attack

« Reply #96 on: Mar 16, 2018, 09:11 PM »

Sorry if I already posted but all the photobucket blank photos makes it really tough!

Use the blue "Add image to post" feature on the bottom left corner when you are posting instead of PB.

taxid

« Reply #97 on: Mar 16, 2018, 09:40 PM »

Use the blue "Add image to post" feature on the bottom left corner when you are posting instead of PB.

Mac I prefer to use Imgur. My problem was it was labor intensive to figure out if I had already posted due to all the "third party hosting images have been temporarily disabled"  crap.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #98 on: Mar 17, 2018, 11:53 AM »
 :thumbup_smilie:

Roccus

« Reply #99 on: Mar 19, 2018, 11:45 AM »
 Meet the princess Warrior..

this is an 18' 1978 Jon Dory yellow tail... I've owned her since 1980.. I've fished for every thing  available in New England .. but her main job..my passion.. is shallow water striped bass.. at night... not schoolies but trophies.. when I bought her she sported a 1977 80 HP Merc tiller handle ..no console. I retrofitted a center console from a 17' Mako... upgraded the tired old mill to a Merc. 90 6 cyl. inline "tower of power".. I fished her for  a few years  as she was but was dismayed how easily the transom could ship water it 2 guys were in the stern area...one morning on my way out tuna fishing ( yes I tuna fish from this rig) she "ate" a plastic bag ...lacking the over heat protection of modern outboards she locked up tight..after cooling down she eventually started and got me home.. but the engine was shot... putting an end to my season...
That winter... I took on a huge undertaking.. I cut up the floor and installed a 35 gallon Plastic fuel cell.. stiffened the hull with glassed in ribs.. added an anchor locker fore ship...I raised the transom to accept a 25" outboard..and installed a 1995 merc 115 ELPTO... I swapped out the mercury water sepperating fuel filter for a racor with a clear bowl that could be drained periodically... the cable steering was replaced with Bay star hydraulic steering... I added a Blue seas duel battery system  and wired a third battery for my trolling motor.. running # 2 cable all the way to the stern plug.. I added a wash down pump and onboard charger... a set of 10" Bennet trip tabs competed the build..she pretty much stayed that way until 2008 when I had to change engines when the flywheel magnets came unglued in the '95 115 ruining the stator ,trigger and of coarse the fly wheel ... the flywheel was no longer available and the only fix was to change the entire ignition system ( I had no faith in buying a used one)... it was cheaper to find a used motor... I installed a 2004 Merc 115 ELPTO ( same engine as the 95 ..just newer) I found it in an estate sale..low hours fresh water engine owned by a sight seeing Grandpa.. timing is everything!.. that winter I tore my MCL ice fishing .. standing was painful so I added a leaning post that spring.. in place of the 40 gallon oval bait tank...the electronics have constantly been changed and are going to be  upgraded again this spring.. I currently have a garmin mapping GPS  ( I don't remember the model)  and a Garmin fish finder that I hate ( again don't remember the model).. so I bought a Lowrance ( I've always run Lowrance the Garmin was a quick fix mid season purchase)..Hook2 9TS.. I cant wait to install it ( if it ever stops snowing).. also this season.. I'm adding a HT marine jack plate and a Power tech RBX4 propeller... the wide bow on this boat is great fro a dry ride.. but she always has had an issue with hull slap at speeds over 25 knots... I'll never buy a new boat. so this is my "new" boat fix  for the season... I'll post additional pictures when the upgrades are finished.. again.,,providing it EVER stops snowing..

Mac Attack

« Reply #100 on: Mar 19, 2018, 12:43 PM »
Love walk around boats.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #101 on: Mar 26, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Roccus, how do you like that motor? I just picked up a boat with basically the same thing in 150hp, mines a 2003. Don't have many good pics yet, she just came home the other day.

taxid

« Reply #102 on: Mar 26, 2018, 03:56 PM »
Meet the princess Warrior..

this is an 18' 1978 Jon Dory yellow tail... I've owned her since 1980.. I've fished for every thing  available in New England .. but her main job..my passion.. is shallow water striped bass.. at night... not schoolies but trophies.. when I bought her she sported a 1977 80 HP Merc tiller handle ..no console. I retrofitted a center console from a 17' Mako... upgraded the tired old mill to a Merc. 90 6 cyl. inline "tower of power".. I fished her for  a few years  as she was but was dismayed how easily the transom could ship water it 2 guys were in the stern area...one morning on my way out tuna fishing ( yes I tuna fish from this rig) she "ate" a plastic bag ...lacking the over heat protection of modern outboards she locked up tight..after cooling down she eventually started and got me home.. but the engine was shot... putting an end to my season...
That winter... I took on a huge undertaking.. I cut up the floor and installed a 35 gallon Plastic fuel cell.. stiffened the hull with glassed in ribs.. added an anchor locker fore ship...I raised the transom to accept a 25" outboard..and installed a 1995 merc 115 ELPTO... I swapped out the mercury water sepperating fuel filter for a racor with a clear bowl that could be drained periodically... the cable steering was replaced with Bay star hydraulic steering... I added a Blue seas duel battery system  and wired a third battery for my trolling motor.. running # 2 cable all the way to the stern plug.. I added a wash down pump and onboard charger... a set of 10" Bennet trip tabs competed the build..she pretty much stayed that way until 2008 when I had to change engines when the flywheel magnets came unglued in the '95 115 ruining the stator ,trigger and of coarse the fly wheel ... the flywheel was no longer available and the only fix was to change the entire ignition system ( I had no faith in buying a used one)... it was cheaper to find a used motor... I installed a 2004 Merc 115 ELPTO ( same engine as the 95 ..just newer) I found it in an estate sale..low hours fresh water engine owned by a sight seeing Grandpa.. timing is everything!.. that winter I tore my MCL ice fishing .. standing was painful so I added a leaning post that spring.. in place of the 40 gallon oval bait tank...the electronics have constantly been changed and are going to be  upgraded again this spring.. I currently have a garmin mapping GPS  ( I don't remember the model)  and a Garmin fish finder that I hate ( again don't remember the model).. so I bought a Lowrance ( I've always run Lowrance the Garmin was a quick fix mid season purchase)..Hook2 9TS.. I cant wait to install it ( if it ever stops snowing).. also this season.. I'm adding a HT marine jack plate and a Power tech RBX4 propeller... the wide bow on this boat is great fro a dry ride.. but she always has had an issue with hull slap at speeds over 25 knots... I'll never buy a new boat. so this is my "new" boat fix  for the season... I'll post additional pictures when the upgrades are finished.. again.,,providing it EVER stops snowing..

Very nice!

taxid

« Reply #103 on: Mar 26, 2018, 03:56 PM »
Roccus, how do you like that motor? I just picked up a boat with basically the same thing in 150hp, mines a 2003. Don't have many good pics yet, she just came home the other day.

Awesome!

Roccus

« Reply #104 on: Mar 27, 2018, 11:26 AM »

I love that motor... it actually is very different than anything on the ,market.... it is an Oil injected in line 4..at speeds below 1800 or so ( throttle position depending) it only runs on the top 2 cylinders.. only the top 2 carburetors can be adjusted..the bottom 2 receive a minute amount of fuel for lubrication purposes( not enough for ignition)..  the unburned fuel is scavenged and burned by the top 2 cylinders.. an accelerator pump provide a squirt of gas to the bottom 2 cylinders upon acceleration .. and once the throttle plates begin to open air rushing past the 2nd progression hole runs the bottom 2 cylinders as they normally would... the engine/carburators are a bit tricky to get set properly.. it's a painstaking process that most people don't understand or want to spend the time to learn... I believe that is one of the reasons they  they have discontinues that engine and pursued fuel injection instead...but once you get it right... it will slow troll all day long.. jump on plane like it's turbo charged and pretty much sips gas at low. medium  speed..it came in 3 sizes...100...115 and 125.. it's a rugged engine... I'll, keep it until parts are no longer available or I croak!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.