FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lake ontario browns/Lakers tips  (Read 9727 times)

davejohnson2

Re: lake ontario browns/Lakers tips
« Reply #45 on: Apr 20, 2015, 06:00 PM »
we went out of sodus yesterday, it was pretty slow went 5 for 8 in 4 hours and was not hearing anyone else doing much better, colored water was up to 47 degrees (where we hit most fish) but averaged 44 in the color, and clear water was 38 degrees. most fish his natural colored stickbaits, biggest fish came on orange gold spoon on the rigger

Teo

« Reply #46 on: Apr 20, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Thanks

bochaser

« Reply #47 on: Apr 21, 2015, 10:21 AM »
We pull almost all spoons - primarily Michigan Stingers and have done very well. Sometimes we throw in a stick bait or two but the fish rarely come unbuttoned once they hit those spoons. We run natural colors in clear and bright stuff in the stained water. We also mostly target rocky shorelines as we have found better quality fish there vs. off the beaches.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #48 on: Apr 22, 2015, 02:22 PM »
 Always had good luck at Ford Shoals this time of year, up tight to the feeder stream.

monkeyman2269

« Reply #49 on: Apr 26, 2015, 10:08 AM »
Finally got out with my dad. We did pretty good for our first time in 8 feet of water we got 1 22 inch steel head 1 27 inch walleye And one 18 inch brown. Hot bait was black and silver jointed rapala and silver/orange cleo. Thanks for all the tips

St.Croix.Boy

• Just one more cast...
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2015, 09:00 PM »
well my  wish  for  you is  the  weather  is  on your  side and  you  have a  great  day  :thumbup_smilie:

Hey folks,

Well our student club trip to Ontario on 4/25 was a huge success. We caught over 60 fish between both boats, with some nice browns, and a mixed bag including a nice steelie, a nice laker, and a nice smallie. I promise to throw up a few pictures, but here's a short video that one of the kids in my group who was on our other boat put together. I appreciate you guys chiming in before our trip. We actually didn't even start until 10am that day because we couldn't get close enough to shore, but it was consistent all day with several nice fish mixed in!

https://vimeo.com/126178147
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

zadvorney

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2015, 07:43 AM »
Great video! I watched with a big smile on my face.  I lived in Ithaca for a few years and know you have some great fishing down there.  Sometimes you have to step outside of your comfort zone and try new spots and techniques.  It looks like it paid off big.  Your steelhead video is great as well. You need a pipe for that hat you wear.lol

reeleyz

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2015, 05:20 PM »
Great video!

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2015, 08:57 PM »
Excellent video, very profesional
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2015, 10:20 PM »
Excellent video, very professional!
icejohn

NICE!!... Tell Cole he did a great job on the video! ;D  Glad the kids had a great time... they could not have a better mentor than yourself!

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

St.Croix.Boy

• Just one more cast...
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2015, 08:54 AM »
NICE!!... Tell Cole he did a great job on the video! ;D  Glad the kids had a great time... they could not have a better mentor than yourself!

WK

Thanks! We'll be booking boats for next April pretty soon. We've already had a number of students express interest in the club as a result of that trip.

ALSO, can anyone offer any advice on where to fish the shoreline between Webster and Sodus for browns? I was thinking of taking one of the kids in the fishing club up to cast spoons and sticks for browns tomorrow. He'll be done with finals and wants to take his aggression out on some trout. I know there's the peers, but I'm looking for a section of shoreline that he and I might be able to wade and cast. I'm not asking for a secret spot, just something that is accessible and might produce some fish. I have a "leave no trace" fishing ethic, so I'm not the guy that leaves beer bottles and lure packages lying on the bank. Any ideas or advice would be very helpful. I could always hit a couple of spots on Cayuga, but that just doesn't produce well in the spring. SMH. Please PM me if you are hesitant about posting something on the open board.

filetandrelease

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2015, 09:45 AM »

Well done lots of happy faces St Criox.Boy

St.Croix.Boy

• Just one more cast...
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Well done lots of happy faces St Criox.Boy

Thanks, Filet. They worked hard to make it happen. Sun burns and lots of turns at the rod.  ;D ;D ;D

Eastshoretroller

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Fished yesterday for a couple hours 7 to 25 FOW crystal clear water no bites.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.