FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eleven mile open for boating.  (Read 28168 times)

IFF

Re: Eleven mile open for boating.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 22, 2015, 07:50 AM »
What's the water level like ?  Crazy like at Chatfield and Cherry Creek ?
*¿*  Bud

IceOsprey

« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2015, 08:59 PM »
The water seemed fine a few weeds floating about a little murky but I think that is from the wind? It did not seem unusually high. I did not fish the inlet aka the west end, and the report says that it was the hot spot.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #17 on: Jun 24, 2015, 08:13 AM »
The water seemed fine a few weeds floating about a little murky but I think that is from the wind? It did not seem unusually high. I did not fish the inlet aka the west end, and the report says that it was the hot spot.

Fished the inlet end Sunday it stunk-  5 tiny bows all day. No pike. Never saw anyone else go for the net either-

Actually had a Kokanee grab my jig late in the day, came shooting out of the water and broke the leadhead jig in half- Thats about how my day went. :laugh:

IceOsprey

« Reply #18 on: Jun 28, 2015, 03:20 PM »
Report: Started fishing about eight. Caught a small trout. Then decided to try for kokes, fished between duck and deer island and caught some more trout about two lbs. Ended up catching five fish no kokes. And as I was getting ready to call it a day at 11:15 we hooked into another fish just north of duck island, looked like a nice three pounder fought it for a while took about four runs and then shook the hook about fifteen feet from the boat. Not sure what it was but probably a koke... Yeah right.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #19 on: Jun 28, 2015, 07:18 PM »
There's still a couple in there-

IceOsprey

« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2015, 04:48 PM »
Fished last night and this morning. Caught two 1 1/2 pounders right at 7:00 pm then nothing. Tried in the morning and not a single bite all morning trolled and tossed PB. We did leave with 4 lbs of crawdads though.

IceOsprey

« Reply #21 on: Jul 24, 2015, 10:14 PM »
Fished from 9:30 till 12:30 had three to four strikes lost two fish close to the boat and netted six. Sizes were 1 lb 9 oz down to 14 oz. oh and we caught 4 1/2 lbs of crawdads. Not bad but not great either.

IceOsprey

« Reply #22 on: Jul 31, 2015, 10:17 PM »
Fished this morning started off bad. :( dead battery. Found some jumpers and off to the races we went. Caught seven, biggest 2lbs smallest 14 oz . Most were 1 1/2 lbs. and we brought back 4lbs 11oz of crawdads. Great dinner of fish and crawdads. The smoker will be running tomorrow after the brine.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #23 on: Aug 04, 2015, 01:24 PM »
I've never done the crawdaddy thing-

IceOsprey

« Reply #24 on: Aug 05, 2015, 07:01 PM »
I've never done the crawdaddy thing-

I can't say I really know what I am doing, but I boil them with a simple recipe and eat the tails with garlic butter. Adds a little bit of variety to the dinner table. And why not I am catching them while I am fishing anyway. Just toss out the trap before I start to troll then collect the trap before we head in.

IceOsprey

« Reply #25 on: Aug 08, 2015, 11:08 PM »
Went out today, it was slow lost one close to the boat because my neighbor horsed the dam thing all the way till he pulled the hook out! But we ended up with three two dinks and one 2lb 11oz kokanee that's right a kokanee. Ohh and some crawdads. Remember how I said I don't know what I am doing. I killed half of them because I went to purge them and didn't throw out the water thinking they would be fine in the water. They drown if you don't change the water frequently of dump it out completely. Lesson learned.

IceOsprey

« Reply #26 on: Aug 17, 2015, 08:29 PM »
Yep you guessed it I went out Sunday morning to the mile. Took my wife and one year old son with us this time. We caught 4 and a bunch of crawdads.

IceOsprey

« Reply #27 on: Aug 25, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Don't worry I didn't miss a weekend at the mile. I went out with my 4 year old and we caught one right away and then nothing the rest of the trip. We did haul in about 5 lbs of crawdads.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #28 on: Aug 26, 2015, 01:34 PM »
Heck yeah!

IceOsprey

« Reply #29 on: Aug 28, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Slow day only two fish. Lost half of one of my crawdad traps and a bearing buddy fell off on the way to the lake!  >:(
We all had a good time on the lake, started off cold but warmed up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.