MFF US Midwest > Michigan
Gull Lake,2015
(1/4) > >>
smeltbuster:
 Well, figured I would do this one again, this year !  I have tried for lakers on the north end, twice so far;  this past Sat. afternoon, & then again this morning. No fish :'(.  Water temp today was 46 degrees . The north end is full of BIG suckers, carp & redhorse, in about 5'- 15' of water, in front of the creek. After talking on the phone w/ Stabincabin (from the "Shanty") , several times, I finally got to meet him today. Never seen a pic of him ,but recognized his voice as soon as he spoke ! I will try & post water temps & conditions , when I can. Fish reports too ! As far as PMs,.... I need to figure those out on here, so be patient for a day or 2 ! Here's to a great season on Gull  8).
3300:
i know what you mean about not knowing what others look like until you meet them. i worked on radio communications for 30 years and talked to many people on them. some you never meet. its kinda funny how our minds draw mental pictures of how they may look and then you meet them and are never close to what you thought they would look like. same thing goes on here.

them carp sure do mess up fishing is all i know. especially during mating season.maybe you all should get some carp spearing groups going. put the hurts to their population. i heard many stories where they would get sold in albion. i see them left at the launch at times where i launch my boat, rotting away.
some use generators and halogen lighting to spear/bow & arrow carp. i've gone a few times when i lived on union lake. many still go on kalamazoo river.

so you didn't catch any thing huh?

pm's are on the very top right corner of this site/page. look for 3 colored squares where you sign in. the 1st box is the pm's you have sent to you. shows an envelope.
it's the same as far as sending them as it is in ice shanty's site.
i just sent you one so you can see how they work.
smeltbuster:
Thanks 3300, I think I got the PM thing, figured out now. The biggest problem I have now, is unlimited hours at work, (not my choice), hoping to get out at least once this week-end.
smeltbuster:
Tried for crappies this morning, no luck. Trolled the west shore, from the country club, north, almost to the launch. No hits. Water temp was 47 degrees. Smelt jr. did catch a 14" crappie, last night, casting a silver/ red hot-n-tot, just south of Johnsons point, in about 10' of water. He also caught 3 sub-legal pike, in the same area.
smeltbuster:
Spent the day fishing w/ " Princecraft", &  had a great time. Several crappies over 14" were landed, & I even had 2 over 15". All of them were released, to be caught again 8). He also caught a few pike, off "The Dredge", & 1 is now in my fridge, waiting to be fried up ;D. Water temp was 57 degrees on almost all the water we checked.  Had a great time, fishing w/ him, as usual. BTW, I was using Pinkie jigs, & perch minnows, below a slip bobber. Best depth was about 10' of water.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version