FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dockless Boat Launch  (Read 3668 times)

williev18

Re: Dockless Boat Launch
« Reply #15 on: Apr 22, 2015, 06:46 AM »
I use the rope tied to the trailer pretty much every time I go out, just one word of advice double check the knots at each end before launching or you will feel auful silly watching your boat float away  :laugh: I had to sit on shore for a half hour one day waiting for the wind to blow my boat back to me.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2015, 12:27 PM »
I use the rope tied to the trailer pretty much every time I go out, just one word of advice double check the knots at each end before launching or you will feel auful silly watching your boat float away  :laugh: I had to sit on shore for a half hour one day waiting for the wind to blow my boat back to me.

Or I have an even better one.. at a shallow launch, tied off the bow line like usual, put the plug in, yada yada, but it's shallow so sometimes I'll back up quick and stop short with the brakes in an effort to "throw" the boat off the bunks to a bit deeper water- only this time I heard a loud "CRACK"... never took the winch strap off the bow eye and broke it right off the boat.  :P

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2015, 10:57 AM »
i'm not perfect either and used to fish so much i didn't even think of what i was doing. it was just built-in motions after a while.
one day i forgot to attach the launch rope and watched my boat slowly drifting away and on a river with spillways it could fall over from. so i emptied my pockets and swam after after it.
it's so routine, if you don't do the same exact movements each time, you can get distracted just enough to screw up. maybe had a call or some thing.
i also forgot to unhook the bow/wrench strap once, but thats no big deal, the boat just won't slide off.

normal launch routine for me is walking from drivers seat to trailer, is unhook bow strap, ready the front anchor, go to rear of boat, un-snap boat seat, ready rear anchor and take down the transom saver and attach troller wires and hook-up the gas line and prime the tank, walking towards passenger side from back towards the front attach the launch rope, then step over trailer tongue and get back in vehicle and launch the boat. i used to have unhook the trailer lights.

i drive mine back onto the trailer and keep the motor running some to wash out the loading area for people who shore fish and help keep sediment out.

htc

« Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2015, 09:28 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.