FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CRAPPIES-now  (Read 17977 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: CRAPPIES-now
« Reply #15 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:19 PM »
crappies are on big time  and have been for over a week .....glow  tubes are my favorite
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

gotagetm

« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Been out 4 times so far for crappie got 96 over 10 inches biggest being a lil under 14 inches tons of 9-9.5 inches best crappie season so far I have ever had

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2015, 01:38 PM »
my best has been about 18in with a brown/orange tube
my 17in is in a bait store on the wall.
they are out there go get them
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

FreezinGator

« Reply #18 on: Apr 22, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Got blown around again today but got a limit - was in my canoe and the wind was so bad I had to take out on the other end of the lake and walk to my truck and drive it around.  When I checked the weather last night it called for 9 mile an hour winds but it had to be blowing 30.  It was bright and sunny when I went out so I never thought to re-check the forecast.  It worked out OK though  :)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  - Ben Franklin

KillerBee42

« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2015, 08:47 PM »
Got blown around again today but got a limit - was in my canoe and the wind was so bad I had to take out on the other end of the lake and walk to my truck and drive it around.  When I checked the weather last night it called for 9 mile an hour winds but it had to be blowing 30.  It was bright and sunny when I went out so I never thought to re-check the forecast.  It worked out OK though  :)

it was like glass on Saratoga for most of the morning, water up to 480...was the only one on the lake out of the state launch, left at 11 with a limit...and by the way, the bass have 'woken' up :laugh:
Da Slab Ossassin

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2015, 09:33 PM »
it was like glass on Saratoga for most of the morning, water up to 480...was the only one on the lake out of the state launch, left at 11 with a limit...and by the way, the bass have 'woken' up :laugh:
sweet, I'm really hoping be get the boat out on Friday. Still have to un-wrap the winter coat and put all the stuff back in her. If not, I've always got the kayak on stand by and that is a simple pick up load, take out and launch.   8) 

Great news and thanks KillerBees  :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Big Tupper

« Reply #21 on: Apr 23, 2015, 06:41 AM »
Great Job! I have been making jigs and swapping over the ice fishing reels to the crappie poles so soon you will have company.  If possible send me a PM---not asking where just asking staging or not staging. I will figure out the rest.

trapper2000

« Reply #22 on: Apr 23, 2015, 12:26 PM »
I heard if you pour bleach in the water they float to the top .... anyone   have any experance with this?

big_guy_13021

« Reply #23 on: Apr 23, 2015, 01:37 PM »

I heard if you pour bleach in the water they float to the top .... anyone   have any experance with this?
all i know about that is the creek has to be low and slow the more water the more bleach u will have everything that lives in the water floating..even the larvea..takes the oxygen out of the water...thats all i reALLY know about that  :whistling:

choo choo

« Reply #24 on: Apr 23, 2015, 02:48 PM »
I remember some neighbors kids stunning/ killing a mess of wild brookies using bleach in a small creek years back .
I'm fishing my way through life .

merkleyb

« Reply #25 on: Apr 23, 2015, 11:00 PM »
Dynamite works too
"Anyone can be a fisherman in May." (E. Hemingway)

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #26 on: Apr 24, 2015, 05:11 AM »
Dynamite works too
Sounds like you all are some mighty scurrilous dudes or at least your friends are "I have heard"  :whistling: :whistling: :nono: :nono:

trapper2000

« Reply #27 on: Apr 24, 2015, 06:07 AM »
boggey  I heard storys of fish  that were ment to go to sharps  pond to stock it comeing up missing!!!!  do you know anything about that?

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #28 on: Apr 26, 2015, 04:32 AM »
boggey  I heard storys of fish  that were ment to go to sharps  pond to stock it comeing up missing!!!!  do you know anything about that?
Nolo contendere

fin reaper

« Reply #29 on: Apr 26, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Lake Alice is doing pretty good for crappie right now by the waterport bridge has been really good minnows and plastics keyonville rd bridge they are getting big bull blue gill and some little crappie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.