FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: VIDEO - LAKE ERIE EYES  (Read 5202 times)

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
VIDEO - LAKE ERIE EYES
« on: Apr 21, 2015, 10:45 AM »
Video from our trip to Lake Erie on Saturday.  Jigging for walleyes with hair jigs in 12-21 fow.  Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA7NF4-LGUc&feature=youtu.be
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

izzy65

Re: VIDEO - LAKE ERIE EYES
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2015, 11:08 AM »
Great Video,   awesome job :thumbup_smilie:
Satchmo

stinkybaits

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2015, 03:42 PM »
It's a great video! FK makes killer videos while whacking fish! :thumbup_smilie:

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2015, 04:11 PM »
Cool video! Congrats on a great trip! ;D

wallin

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2015, 05:06 PM »
Congrats on a sweet trip.
Wallin

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:43 PM »
Great video! Looks like some good constant action! Jig bites are a blast.

Be pro

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:51 PM »
Great vid what happen to the boat nothing major I hope

Get_the_Net

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2015, 10:12 PM »
Great vid what happen to the boat nothing major I hope

Blew up the motor.  Water in the gas most likely picked up at the sunoco station in Oregon Ohio.  Ran the boat all day on Friday on Syracuse and Wawasee and had no issues.  Put a few gallons in at that station right before we launched  on Erie and then blew the engine with no warning.  Motor tech said there was a ton of water in the VST and water in all cylinders.  Like I said in the other thread that is the most expensive 70# of walleye ever.  It has not been a fun few days.   >:(

princecraft

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2015, 09:25 AM »
Dang Mike, really sorry to hear all that.  That really sucks.  Sounds like you guys had a great day of fishing and fellowship, but the engine problems kind of negates that.  Hopefully insurance will help out.

FishKing83

• ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2015, 09:33 AM »
Fresh walleye, rice, and mozzarella sticks was on the menu for me.  Usually I only eat walleye once a year so this was a treat.
ROLL TIDE - FISH ON!

stinkybaits

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2015, 02:16 PM »
You eat it once more than I do!  :sick: :sick: :sick:

Be pro

« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2015, 05:38 AM »
Dang man that stinks on the engine is there any kinda stuff like stabile or sumthing to get the water out of gas in gas tank or just use a premium gas or is that werid that that place had a lot of water my one buddy told me that there's a lot more boat engine that blow now then ever before do to the gas

Get_the_Net

« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2015, 11:36 AM »
Dang man that stinks on the engine is there any kinda stuff like stabile or sumthing to get the water out of gas in gas tank or just use a premium gas or is that werid that that place had a lot of water my one buddy told me that there's a lot more boat engine that blow now then ever before do to the gas

The amount of water was way above and beyond what you would get from 'normal' gas with ethanol in it.  The motor has a water separator filter on it to catch the normal amount of water that may be present in 10% ethanol fuels and it is checked and drained/replaced routinely.  I use marine Stabil religiously in that boat and have never had an issue.  That filter could not keep up and remove the amount of water that was in the gas and it got into the cylinders and crank case.  Either someone poured water into the gas tanks intentionally or the station I got 8 gallons from right before launching on erie was nearly pure water.  I put 50.00 on Friday in the tanks (2 26 gallon tanks in boat) and I ran the heck out of it on Syracuse and Wawasee on Friday with blueultra2 and had no issues.  I ran from the Syracuse launch to Johnsons bay and then back to the slip and back to ramp plus several other moves and everything was fine Friday.  Overall usage Friday exceeded the usage Saturday by a wide margin.

Gas stations are supposed to have the water that accumulates over time in their underground tanks pumped out.  Some owners don't do it because of the expense.  I know very little about this station, but there are only 2 places the water could have come from.  One is vandalism and the other their tanks.  We are talking about 1000's of dollars in damage caused by 20.00 of bad gas.

Be pro

« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2015, 10:03 PM »
d**n that sucks I have a skeeter with 225 vmax on it I couldn't imagine if my engine blew dude I feel for u that sucks not to drill u question after question but to all engines have that water drain on them like my engine I saw your was a merc I just got boat 3 years ago bit don't no much about them and does insurence cover that sorta damange

Get_the_Net

« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2015, 08:40 PM »
d**n that sucks I have a skeeter with 225 vmax on it I couldn't imagine if my engine blew dude I feel for u that sucks not to drill u question after question but to all engines have that water drain on them like my engine I saw your was a merc I just got boat 3 years ago bit don't no much about them and does insurence cover that sorta damange

If you are referring to the VST water/fuel separator filter, then yes it has one on the fuel line in the motor right after the fuel pump and before the fuel enters the injectors.  Problem is when you have the amount of water I now have in the fuel tanks it overwhelms that filter and there is no warning horn like on an overheat or low oil. situation.  If you are running about 3K rpm and water gets past that filter it takes all of about 5 seconds to destroy a piston and cylinder.  Even if it starts sputtering you can't shut it down fast enough to save it.  It depends on what kind of insurance you have, but I have turned it into my insurance because the merc tech that opened it up said the damage is 100% due to the amount of water in the fuel.  it is not a wear and tear mechanical breakdown, so I am awaiting their decision.  I have my fingers crossed as we are looking a ~7k repair bill.  You should be sure to treat your fuel everytime you fuel up and get your boat winterized properly every year.  It would not hurt to have your service tech check for water in your fuel tanks.  With today's ethanol fuels it is not uncommon to have some water in your tanks.  When the amount gets so high the filter can't handle it you will have a big issue.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.