FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardners  (Read 2855 times)

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
Gardners
« on: Apr 26, 2015, 07:14 AM »
This one is for bugz, after telling you never caught walleye in there jigging, Maybe drifting with slip bobber fishing may be the answer, those fish still come shallow at dark,A nice 5" sucker will do the trick. I'm ready let me know
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

yukon roz

Re: Gardners
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2015, 09:20 AM »
There were white caps on saturday,but still rode around and got my gear wet fun to be in a boat again.

eiderz

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2015, 10:00 AM »
There were white caps on saturday,but still rode around and got my gear wet fun to be in a boat again.

At least you didn't have to be towed in, like at another walter lake I know.   :whistling: LOL

weneric

• wishing i was still young
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2015, 05:24 PM »
At least you didn't have to be towed in, like at another walter lake I know.   :whistling: LOL
  stop beating yourself up about that. next time we will all have two batteries.  if we dont learn, then we deserve a kick in the hind end.

octanehi5

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2015, 07:20 PM »
gas outboard on gardners, non of that trolling motor stuff.It was bad enough we did not catch anything, two boats had to get towed in.

weneric

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2015, 07:43 PM »
i still enjoyed the day. what a beautiful lake. and what great guys to spend time with!!!

octanehi5

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2015, 07:55 PM »
It is a nice lake, to bad its controlled by RWA.The company was great, we will do it again just a differant lake?

weneric

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2015, 07:59 PM »
im game. im surprised though. i was under the impression that you really liked saltonstall. ill fish somewhere else without a problem. im just a newbie when it comes to eyes.

octanehi5

« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2015, 06:28 AM »
Saltonstall has lots of fish its a great place .the rules they impose are crazy, you have to stop fishing and leave at sunset. the walleye bite is just turning on then. Walleye for the most part are nocturnal feeders, yes they do bite during the day in deeper water.The next trip, were ever should be afternoon fishing and well into darkness

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2015, 11:35 AM »
Saltonstall has lots of fish its a great place .the rules they impose are crazy, you have to stop fishing and leave at sunset. the walleye bite is just turning on then. Walleye for the most part are nocturnal feeders, yes they do bite during the day in deeper water.The next trip, were ever should be afternoon fishing and well into darkness

A squantz meetup is needed.  No boat required and the beach has a history of coughing up fish this time of year.  I've only gotten shorts from the boat there but never really target them. 

ICOT1

« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2015, 11:52 AM »
Lowaccord what do you do at Squantz.
Stand on the shore and cast shiners ?
Do you do it at night ?
Just curious never did it. If its a secret
that's ok too.

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2015, 02:30 PM »
Lowaccord what do you do at Squantz.
Stand on the shore and cast shiners ?
Do you do it at night ?
Just curious never did it. If its a secret
that's ok too.

From what I understand that is what is done every spring.  I have only pursued them via boat during the summer with dead alewives on the bottom which worked well. 

yukon roz

« Reply #12 on: Apr 29, 2015, 09:06 AM »
At battersson I fish from shore with a barrel swivel about 3 feet up and an egg sinker above it,and a live shiner for bait have caught fish up to 27 inches long using this rig good luck where ever you try it!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.