FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Burying The Hook  (Read 7015 times)

the Wizard

Re: Burying The Hook
« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2015, 06:59 AM »
I hooked my German shorthair in the fore head while fly fishing, most line that ever come off that fly rod, fastest too .    She didn't want to come back , but finally she did and in wasn't in to bad ,popped it out gave her a good petting and all was good.

When I was a young fella [ about 10 ] I was fishing a popular pond with the neighbor boy ,  there was a little trail in the weeds we had worn in all the way around.   Well fishing sucked so I laid my pole in the path and tried to catch a small frog for bait.
  Mark [ the neighbor boy] came over just as I caught perfect size frog ,  I jumped back to the path , Mark headed back to his spot ,I quickly grabbed my pole lifted it up and began to head the other direction.
   WELL , Mark was over the tip of my pole and my line swung up and hooked him through his jeans and into his Willy . I dropped the frog and followed a young crying boy all the way home for his moms tender care...   Boy that walk home never seemed so long.    
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

filetandrelease

« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2015, 08:05 AM »

Omg a Prince Albert , ::) and we all think a hook in the where ever hurts

PikeHunterDan

• Aka JiggerDan
« Reply #17 on: Apr 27, 2015, 08:24 AM »
Once, when I was around 13 - 14. I got my spinner caught in the bushes and I got irritated and gave it a yank...smack, right in my triceps. :o Nice ride to the ER to get it out. Never did get my lure back. The doc's probably out fishing with it right now. :unsure:

ship of fools

« Reply #18 on: Apr 27, 2015, 09:36 AM »

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2015, 10:03 AM »
My very first buried hook happened in the dark, in a tent, with a female that I had a LOT of feelings for.  :P
Some how a loose treble hook ended up in my sleeping bag. I found it with my knee cap at the absolute worse time.  :-[
It put me in an absolute panic thinking some crazy bug had itself attached to my knee in the middle of the night. I'd pay to have video of that midnight frenzy.

My youngest kid stuck himself in the cheek while tying a jig on at camp. I buried the panic in my stomach as best I could and slid it back out. The kid never cracked a tear and stared at a school of sunnies the entire time I worked on his face. I learned a bit about parenting in that long 30 seconds. 
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Apr 27, 2015, 12:13 PM »
Last year I slipped tying a teaser on my surf rod and sent the hook intoy finder where the fingernail ends.  Was alone in a hotel room, bleeding like a stuck pig from a small hole.  Pushing the point through sucked.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #21 on: Apr 27, 2015, 01:59 PM »
as we speak now, I've pulled deeply buried hooks out of a few people.   The time when my dad hooked a magnum saltwater rapala through his leg, with a 14lb northern flopping on the other hook, yeah that was interesting.     Or the time an ice fishing jig some how made it on to the seat of my truck, through my jeans, boxers and into my butt cheek....that was painful.   Or the time I got a #8 baitholder buried in my eyebrow when it came out of a fish I was about to net...wouldn't have been a big deal if the 1oz pyramid sinker that was attached didn't directly strike my eye first...     

greensider

« Reply #22 on: Apr 27, 2015, 04:38 PM »
been there i done fool around i grab the pliers and make sure i yank hard enough the first time

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 2015, 04:46 PM »
I forgot to mention one. A #12 Adams in the ear. I only use barbless hooks with the fly rod now.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2015, 07:08 PM »
I forgot to mention one. A #12 Adams in the ear. I only use barbless hooks with the fly rod now.

Rg

Haha, my brother got me in the ear lobe with a #14 Adams many years ago.  My other personal encounter happened when I was 12, throwing a trot line for catfish in Champlain. Took one in the finger, Ticonderoga ER we went.

Best I've seen was my son 7 years ago ice fishing for pike. His rather tall and large friend from college came along with us, he never ice fished before. He was fighting a pike via tip up when the fish came up. My son noticed the pike got off the hook and reached down in the hole for it but his friend kept on pulling anyway until the treble hook  imbedded itself right in my son's mouth on the right side (a legal catch!).  He didn't think it was funny. ER we go, as I didn't want to mess with his lips. That ended a good fishing day. (I still have he hook).         

smokemetallic

« Reply #25 on: Apr 28, 2015, 08:19 AM »

This F18 would not push through. It wouldn't pull out either, with vise grips or the string method.  The doctor who removed it tried a needle to back it out at first, but it was too deep. Eventually it was just cut out with a scalpel and they stitched it back up.  I was in the driveway prepping my pike gear
For the next day. A decent tiger had bent the rear treble. As I was trying to straighten it out the lure slipped and I pulled it into my hand. 

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #26 on: Apr 28, 2015, 08:40 AM »

The latest one....  ::)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Apr 28, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Dang....you guys are dangerous!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #28 on: Apr 28, 2015, 03:53 PM »
suck it  up butter  cups
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Apr 28, 2015, 05:12 PM »
So.......I need a chain mail suit when you and I go fishing?

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.