FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Lake Jean  (Read 2794 times)

perchdog

Lake Jean
« on: Apr 27, 2015, 04:19 PM »
The drawdown on Lake Jean started today.They said there will be a pond left on the far eastern end where fish may migrate to. ?

Thor

Re: Lake Jean
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2015, 01:22 PM »
What are they doing, fixing the dam?

perchdog

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2015, 02:19 PM »
They have to repl.the control tower(which controls the flow) as they were afraid it would fail and lose control of the outflow.

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Somebody told me that they are not going to let people fish the pond that will be left when they drain the lake. 
Has anybody else heard this?

boerboel

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 09:23 PM »
I haven't heard anything but I would be surprised if that is true. My experience with dam repairs is that the fish commission nets and transfers a lot of fish but anglers are encouraged to catch and eat the remaining fish. When they drained Leaser Lake, the size limits were eliminated so people could keep whatever they caught. The idea was to prevent waste.

perchdog

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 02:38 PM »
That went into effect last summer.

Stonecat

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2015, 11:41 AM »
Checked Lake Jean this morning. Lake not refilling yet but outlet looks finished, maybe 20 acres water on the beach end of the lake. Scored a nice piece of driftwood and a rusty old anchor for the garden.Check their facebook page for updates[includes info on a local BSA troop building fish structure].https://www.facebook.com/RickettsGlenStateParkDCNR
Correction to my post:late Sept.new outlet tower concrete  being poured.Hope it's done in time for the fall rains to help fill the lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.